Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schofferhofer Heffeweizen

• 27-10-2007 4:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Folks

I discovered this premium Wiessbier on sale in Aldi a couple of weeks back

1.79 Euro for a 500ml bottle.

Very nice stuff i have to say and good alternative to the prices charged in off licenses for wiessbier .

Keeps a good head on it ,( even better if you have a long glass )
    Lovely aftertaste to it, would recommed you try a sample

Let us know what any of you think of it that have already tasted it .

Stocked up today in Aldi for the bank holiday weekend
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Good price all right and a nice beer

just keep the lemons away form it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭getfit

I managed to get the 5 pack with a glass a few weeks back and was very impressed. They are 2.49 or 2.59 in Tesoc's - which puts the good value at 1.79 in context (thats why i bought 14 today;))...

I don't know whether they are "specials" - in other words, once sold, they are gone or whether Aldi will be stocking this beer all the time...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

getfit wrote: »
    I don't know whether they are "specials" - in other words, once sold, they are gone or whether Aldi will be stocking this beer all the time...
    Aldi's beer selection seems to operate in a twilight world between the two.

Bring back Bateman's XXXB for €1.99 I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Schöfferhofer is the local weizen over here in Frankfurt. I probably shouldn't say how much it costs here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

getfit wrote: »
    I managed to get the 5 pack with a glass a few weeks back and was very impressed. They are 2.49 or 2.59 in Tesoc's - which puts the good value at 1.79 in context (thats why i bought 14 today;))...

I got the 5 pack with the glasses also a couple of weeks back, i hope they do continue to stock this beer,i am converted to the stuff now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

BeerNut wrote: »
    Bring back Bateman's XXXB for €1.99 I say.

Damn straight! I used to buy that stuff by the case!

The only drawback was that the bottles didn't like my crown capper, so I couldn't use them for my homebrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭pdebarra

Grrr.... Stopped into my local Aldi today, to pick up a few bottles. Rooting for cash, found I had about 2 euros. Damn Aldi and their no-credit-card policy :mad:

Oh well. With any luck they'll still have it when I next get in. That's a very attractive price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

This popped up on top of a a google search for Schofferhofer. I was just wondering if anybody likes it as much as I do. It's a fine brew and great value.

Now 1.50 in Aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I do Ian_m. Its my best wheat beer as frankly its not as wheaty as other wheat beers and has no other after affects the morning after. For example Erdinger/Paulaner use up bog roll the morning after but this beer does not.;)
    Of the other Lidl\Aldi beers Franziskaner and Spaten come close but Schofferhofer Heffeweizen is in a league of its own and as the OP described, that head remains in the glass all the way to the bottom.

Its just fuppin delicious and on that special now of €1.50 a bottle, I have 2 cases of it stocked up, must get more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

A fine weissbier and amazing value. Tried it a few years back when Aldi first stocked it and been drinking it since. Didn't realise it was reduced to €1.50 though so must organise a raid for a case or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

It's all I used to drink when working over in Frankfurt, used to even bring home a few bottles when I was flying back to have in stock over here! Imagine my supprise when I walked into Aldi one day and seen boxes of the stuff! All my time spent "smuggling" for nothing!

Nice stuff though! As said, even better when you have the right glass! I just smashed mine that I brought home so I'm online now looking for another :(

Advertisement