Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps3 Pes

Options
  • 27-10-2007 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Is it me or is this one of the worst installments ive ever seen?
    It seems laggy even just playing vs the computer. During replays it slows down alot. The crowd is an absolute joke. I would see better in fifa 95. Looks like ill either go back to PES6 or try the new fifa, and i never liked fifa!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Agreed.. worst pro ever!

apparently konami are working on a patch

"Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 has been giving some unrest and discontentment to its PS3 owners in the form of existing frame rate issues and slowdown. Today, it looks like Konami has finally recognized and is taking steps to addressing the problem.

Upon entering the PES 2008 lobby online, players will be greeted with a notification from the developer saying that they have found "issues which can affect the online gameplay quality of PES 2008" and that they are working "full strength to find a solution as quickly as possible."

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

have to say that at the moment i just don't agree.

Played 5 or 6 games yesterday and didn't notice any slow down (in fact the replays were faster then they should have been, not slower) General gameplay was smooth and had some great games with my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I just bought this and tried to play online, its a joke, stopping and jumping all over the place, Konami have come real issue to address quickly or I'll be off with back with looking for a refund, joke total joke.

im playing with installed on the hard drive, with the display set to 1080i and skips often (at least once a game) especially when at the same wing as the dugouts. Seems to happen more often when playing the comp

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

how do you copy it to the hard drive?

• Advertisement

main menu - settings - then there is some option to install somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yeah you're better off copying some of the data to the hard drive to reduce the amount of slowdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

played on my standard CRT telly and it was dire even with it installed
    stuck it on my mates 23" samsung LCD and haven't seen any slowdown at all, and its not installed on his ps3 and all effects etc still on
    seems the TV matters

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

I have a 40" Sony Bravia 1080p TV. I wouldnt expect any slowdown on it especially playin at 720p. So id have my doubts about the TV part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Ive been reading loads and loads of posts on different forums complaining about the new pes3 on ps3. I have to say I have been playing it for 3 days, and I havent had one problem to date. Im using with a 37" HD tv, there has been no slowdown, no picture problems, no installation problems(i installed it the second I got it rather than play off disc).

The only problem I have seen so far is the problem with internet play and lag, but im sure this can be resolved in due course.

Whilst saying that, there are a few things I dont like...

1. No pes points
    2. Waiting for whistle to take free kicks and kickouts
    3. Most match stats are now gone except for a few, really miss those when game ends in draw and me and mates argue about posession and areas of play etc
    4. F*ck all options in system settings
    5. Couldnt find option to play 2 people together online

Well thats all my pet peeves but otherwise, im really enjoying the game, cant wait til they sort out online play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I have to say that i am really, REALLY annoyed the random selection match is gone. Myself and my mates used to play that all the time. It was brilliant.

So annpyed it has been dropped.

I agree, they have removed a good few things that I used to like in the old game, i mean was it any harm leaving them in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bit jittery during replays but I'm not fussed about that. Online was crap when I tried but that I am sure will be fixed. Other than those I think it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

tw0nk wrote: »
    3. Most match stats are now gone except for a few, really miss those when game ends in draw and me and mates argue about posession and areas of play etc

when the match ends press a (on 360) or x (on ps2, ps3) then go to match details, it shows the possession there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ShaneU wrote: »
    when the match ends press a (on 360) or x (on ps2, ps3) then go to match details, it shows the possession there.

Doesnt show what player made x passes and to where, its ripped out tonnes of **** that used to be there.

Random selection going sucks too used to like that, was hoping it be there for online play.

kdjac

yup you can see stats but not half the stats that used to be there...

Advertisement