Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AH thread: They speak English in London

• 27-10-2007 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭

Thread

Have you guys read it? Can you believe that the intelligentsia of AH swallowed that stuff? :D

Here's a quote from the original piece:
    The Miami Dolphins are play the New York Giants at Wembley this Sunday in the first NFL regular-season game to be played outside the United States.

They can't get their facts straight and now they report a known piss-taker playing dumb? :confused:

But some interesting opinions on AH:
    Steyr wrote: »
    It's truly pathetic....and this is the type of person that American society has glorified and made role models out of. Shameful.
    Binomate wrote: »
    Generally, Americans are pretty retarded. Statistics have shown this. So I'm really not surprised when I hear all of these stories about Americans not knowing answers to very very simple questions.
    Dudess wrote: »
    Naw, he deserves a bashing for being THAT much of a dumbf*ck. A little idiocy I'd forget about, but that level of stupidity definitely warrants major abuse. There's really no justification for your thinking outside the box.

It's not "almost as bad", it's WAY worse. I'd forgive an American not knowing there were black people in England - it's dumb, but nowhere near as dumb as the footballer guy.

How old is the earth? I for one haven't a notion...
    Dudess wrote: »
    It's often not stupidity, just ignorance due to not needing to look beyond America (similar to a lot of Cork people :)).
    However, this footballer clearly is an imbecile.
    DaveMcG wrote: »
    Stupid person in stupid statement shock-horror
    Pigman II wrote: »
    In fairness to the guy he's a professional RugbyforPussys player so he's probably taken a few hits to the head over the years.
    That article includes more of Channing Crowder's "thoughts" on England.
    I knew a girl in high school who, when I told her I was going to England, asked me if I was going to learn their language so I could talk to them. She wasn't joking. I told her, yes I'd been studying all year in preparation for my trip.

Apparently the guy has been studying "their language" all year before the trip, but he only found out on Tuesday that it's English.

Do you think the penny might have dropped (for the AHers) yet? Naw, it's AH, stupid.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

tbh, what do you expect in AH?

Advertisement