Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sexiest speakers in the world

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

every speaker on that page - with exception possibly to the one's below - are ugly.

perfect8-subwoofer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Yes , they are extreme designs one and all ,I would imagine they mean sexy as in soundwise , I'd love to actually get a chance to hear them though. Unfortunately will probably never happen , some of them are a cool quarter of a million a pair .

I like the nautilus though, lovely design to me , though I could imagine the Wifes face if I brought them into the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Think they are all very ugly,i prefer a more traditional design.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I wonder what sort of appreciation for music ,the people who design these speakers have?

You must be talking about a serious amount of production hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Are these speakers in the image of a naked woman or something ?? When I click on your link it's blocked by my Netgear Firewall !!! Am I ready for something this . . . stunning . . . I wonder !? :) Or should I save my eyes ?

ZEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Most of those I've never heard of but those I know I wouldn't buy for their musical qualities! The B&O "dalek" yokes are unbelievably bad (they have them in the Bachelors Walk shop if you want a laugh), and the B&W nautilus are quite dated now - I think they're a late 1980s design but were little than more than OK. The O’hEocha speakers look stupid but sound worse - a real "lifestyle" product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

padi89 wrote: »
    Think they are all very ugly,i prefer a more traditional design.

I agree, much more 'sexy' that these off the wall designs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i'd have none of those speakers, except the B&Ws!!

these are my current favourite speaker, http://www.sonusfaber.com/index_altri.html

i've heard a few pairs of the last few weeks and sound is stunning. and design wise they're more conventional, but still unique

moe

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭golfnuts

The Nautilis ones are more like the inside of your ear..namely the Cochlea, Its shaped like a snail where all the hair cells are stimulated to send info to the brain...which translates it to sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Found this, and what a laugh....

looks like home audio is going down the same detremantal road as car audio..for the most part.

BLING

• Advertisement
Advertisement