Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to record from vhs to dvd

• 27-10-2007 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hey
    hope yer all well
    i have a toshiba RD-XV45 and im trying to record from vhs tape to dvd-r
    i tried pressing record and doing all the obvious things to get it to record but its just not recording.
    any ideas wat i mite need to do?

thanks for the help
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

hey
    hope yer all well
    i have a toshiba RD-XV45 and im trying to record from vhs tape to dvd-r
    i tried pressing record and doing all the obvious things to get it to record but its just not recording.
    any ideas wat i mite need to do?

emm obvious question, but did you read the manual that came with it? surely that states how to record from vhs to dvd...?

one touch recording...
    1. have it in vcr mode, line up the tape as to where you want it to start, press stop or pause.
    2. press the DUBBING VHS > DVD button on the front of it, it's in the middle of the unit, it should start playing hte tape and the dvd should record it.
    3. to stop press the DVD button then hold the stop button for 2 seconds, or simple press the stop button the front of the unit

Read pages 41, 42 and/or 47 for a more detail record mode..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Muhamed Ali

hi, just record through a pc. You need a card that will accept tape and convert to digital, otherwise the pc will not pick it up. You can buy the necesary convertor card on ebay, a simple usb device costing approx 25 euro. I use it myself and get great results.

he has a hdd/dvd/vhs combi machine... why in gods name would he want to complicate matters further doing it through his pc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Muhamed Ali

OK decob....come down off the ceiling! Just giving a suggestion. Has he got it switched on?:p

he was looking for help using his machine not another way of doing it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

decob wrote: »
    he was looking for help using his machine not another way of doing it...

Chill Winston.:D It's a mistake - not a hanging offence!

Advertisement