Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Price of L-plates??

Options
  • 27-10-2007 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

As above how much should they be?? After all they are just 2 stickers:rolleyes: Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A couple of euro I'd say. Filling stations usually have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

1.50-/ 2 euro for 2 in the cheapy shops like pound world.

You could possibly bargain ,if there willing to give you a discount if you cut the white part off the plates :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Going by recent posts, there will be loads of used ones around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Free if you make them yourself ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dr Lektroluv

75 cents in my garage. That was over a year ago tho have my full license now :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

They are only about a euro. some people make their own with white paper a red marker and tape. Either they are very tight or very creative :D
    Dunnes and Tesco also have them in their small motor section or any petrol station

• Registered Users Posts: 14,465 ✭✭✭✭cson

Microsoft Word + Big Red 'L', Size 72 + Printer + Sellotape = homemade L plates. Stick 'em up with sellotape inside the windscreen.

Two things come to mind with this thread, what is with feckers that cut them into small 'L's with a millimetre of a white border?

And where is the funniest place you've seen them put? I saw one smack bang in the middle of a white Almera's bonnet. Funny stuff.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

:confused: What's it with all these L plates attached INSIDE the car, front and rear? It's a great way to block your view out of the car! Are L plates so expensive and desirable that people need to keep them in the car to avoid them being nicked?:p:confused:

Slap bang in the middle of an Almera's bonnet - I'm glad they're not blocking their view... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

About 1.67 or something random in Tescos - the ones that attach to glass.

Yeh the amount that have the L upside down/sideways - or mirrored so it only looks the right way from the inside! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

macplaxton wrote: »
    :confused: What's it with all these L plates attached INSIDE the car, front and rear? It's a great way to block your view out of the car! Are L plates so expensive and desirable that people need to keep them in the car to avoid them being nicked?:p:confused:

They stick to the window with static instead of adhesive, so if you're sharing a car with someone, they can easily be taken down and put back up again many times over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

cson wrote: »
    Microsoft Word + Big Red 'L', Size 72 + Printer + Sellotape = homemade L plates. Stick 'em up with sellotape inside the windscreen.

Two things come to mind with this thread, what is with feckers that cut them into small 'L's with a millimetre of a white border?

They think its cool but they may not as well have one as have one that doesn't fulfill the legal requirements for white border.

And where is the funniest place you've seen them put?

Its was during a hen party and I dont think I could say on this !!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Thanks for the replies guys and gals. Ive gotten the ones that stick to the glass and can be taken down and put up at will. Should come in handy;) Think I got ripped of though!! 3E!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

macplaxton wrote: »

In addition to the reason Stark gave, if your paintwork is lightened slightly by the sun there will be darker squares where the L plates were.

I had the ones you stick to the inside of the window, and whenever the windows fog up I can see the 'L' marked on the window. I've tried cleaning it off but it seems to be here to stay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

Stark wrote: »
    They stick to the window with static instead of adhesive, so if you're sharing a car with someone, they can easily be taken down and put back up again many times over.

I got the ones you get in most Esso garages and they just don't seem to stick inside. When I put them on the inside they tend to blow off eventually (one day I lost three in the space of a few hours) so now I just celotape them inside.

Am I being really dim?

I got magnetic ones, think they were €3.50.

One on the back of the car and one on the bonnet. No obstructing my vision, and also the mammy can take them off when she needs the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wheels wrote: »
    I got the ones you get in most Esso garages and they just don't seem to stick inside. When I put them on the inside they tend to blow off eventually (one day I lost three in the space of a few hours) so now I just celotape them inside.

Am I being really dim?

You need to take the backing off :D

I've been showing a friend how to drive a manual car - learnt in an auto - and got a set of Esso plates on it, only weirdness is the holes punched in them... never got what they're for?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

MYOB wrote: »
    I've been showing a friend how to drive a manual car - learnt in an auto - and got a set of Esso plates on it, only weirdness is the holes punched in them... never got what they're for?
    Well, back in the old days (and I mean OLD days) I remember using them to tie the L plates with string onto the chrome bumpers of the Ford Anglia I was learning in :)

Dunno what you'd use them for nowadays though.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

MYOB wrote: »
    You need to take the backing off :D

ya mine have those holes. they have 2 strips that you peel of to stick them on the glass but also the holes, think i did have a few secs of :confused: when i seen them

Advertisement