Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance?

Options
  • 27-10-2007 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey lads,im looking to get insured on a basic 1.6 integra,im 20 with a full licence but my insurance company now[quinn direct] say they wont insure me till im 21 which aint till next august,all other isurance companies say they dont insure imports or modified cars,does any 1 know any company that i cud get insured with,any help would be great,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

ive a 106 gti and just renewed my insurance for E820, thats with OneDirect.
    im 23 with 5 years ncb. try argue, my first quote was 1300 and i said i had got a much better quote from another leading insurance and within an hour the girl rang back offering me a quote of E998 and i said the other quote was still lower and dropped it to 820 on the spot, where they get thier figures from is anybodies guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

where they get thier figures from is anybodies guess

I believe they pull them out of their ass....

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭suttongun

id say they do,that was some drop,i'll give them a go,cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 stephenpl

Buy the car, call them and tell them the car is sitting in the garden and that you want to transfer your policy to it.

They have to insure you then. (Providing you have a policy with them)

I did that when I went from a 1.4 Focus to a Turbo Glanza, cost me 300 quid extra for the year. I'm 19 with 1 years NCB and a full license. So can't see you getting charged much extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

if you want a quote before you buy the car, get two letters/emails from companies that refused to insure and go back to quinn and they legally have to insure you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

stephenpl wrote: »
    Buy the car, call them and tell them the car is sitting in the garden and that you want to transfer your policy to it.

They have to insure you then. (Providing you have a policy with them)

I did that when I went from a 1.4 Focus to a Turbo Glanza, cost me 300 quid extra for the year. I'm 19 with 1 years NCB and a full license. So can't see you getting charged much extra.

i done that 3 weeks ago and it only cost me 90 euro to go from fully comp on a 1.4 saxo to tpft on a glanza turbo, and i'm 18 with a full licence for 4 months and 1 year named driver:D

Advertisement