Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Levin Question?!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

levin95 wrote: »
    na discs all round m8! n i dunno like that teg i was against could have been a bit ****ed... cos it did sound fair rough lol! but it is quicker than a sir but i do have a bit of tunin done... and its a secret private road ;)

What did Quinn say about your mods? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd love to know the answer to that aswell. I want a levin, 25years old, 4 years no claims and on a provisional and quinn said they will not touch me for insurance on a levin. So I am wondering how a 17 year old with a provisional and no noclaims can get insured on one for 2700.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

has to be said that vvt is a fantastic idea, in my opinion better than a V-tec

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

kona wrote: »
    in my opinion better than a V-tec
    Fair enough, but how do you reach that conclusion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Isn't VTEC essentially the same as Toyotas VVTL-i system?

Meaning that a VVT Levin is technologically speaking less advanced than VTEC.

• Advertisement

E92 wrote: »
    Isn't VTEC essentially the same as Toyotas VVTL-i system?
    Same end result tho the mechanisms are entirely different. Unfortunately VVTL-i has been discontinued as it doesn't meet Euro 4.
    Meaning that a VVT Levin is technologically speaking less advanced than VTEC.
    Considerably, as is VVTi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

HungryJoey wrote: »

You're right. It doesn't sound nice.;)

This is much more like it, and it sounds much better in real life than on YouTube too! Also with VVT.

For a properly good engine note, nothing beats a straight 6:D!

For a properly good engine note, nothing beats a straight 6:D!
    The cylinder configuration has nothing to do with it. The best sounding cars are cars that have been engineered to sound good.

This German video has a few good sounds on it (and a few essential ones missing), my fav being the Merc V8 near the end; lovely low down growl, but can rev a bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 levin95

ah nothing really like! only got a few new ones recently so ill be ringin up soon to tell them :)
    When i rang up they said i cant get insured on it untill im 21 with a full licence but i told em i already had it bought and my car was sold so they insured me :)

Advertisement