Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How Many Times Have You Done Your Test?

Options
  • 27-10-2007 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to make this as a poll. How do I do this?

How many driving tests have you done? 49 votes

Have Not Sat The Test
    0% 0 votes
    Passed First Time
    24% 12 votes
    Did One Test But Failed
    26% 13 votes
    Passed Second Time
    14% 7 votes
    Failed Two Tests
    16% 8 votes
    Passed Third Time
    10% 5 votes
    Failed Three Tests
    4% 2 votes
    Passed On My Fourth Or Subsequent Test
    2% 1 vote
    Failed More Than Four Tests
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can't do it now as you have to do it whilst setting up the thread, a mod will come along and stick a poll in i hope :D

i did my test twice.

i got my licence had six lessons (were a birthday present) and applied for my test, i didn't keep driving because i couldn't afford the insurance. before the test i had 3 more lessons and 2 pre tests. but i failed, one too many grade 2's. i realised my stupidity and got insured and started driving regularly.

the second time round was 4 months later (as i needed my licence for a job) and passed it with flying colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

did the test once, about 3 months after 17b-day. 3 lessons, and passed!:D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Poll added!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I've failed once, waiting for my second at the moment. Like a good girl I applied as soon as I got my provisional and then through some freakish rip in the space-time continuum I got a test in 7 weeks at a centre where the usual wait is 4-6 months. I totally wasn't ready and I should have postponed it but I can never resist a challenge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Passed first time, applied for test the day I got first provisional but did have to wait 58 weeks until I done the test so loads of time to practice. Never took a lesson, taught myself in a field until I was competent enough in controlling the car to go on the road.

Know someone who passed first time, twice, sounds strange but she passed her test got her 10 year licence and drove on until stopped by a garda 23 years later, by which time her licence was 13 years out of date, she just never thought of renewing it, she had to start again on a provisional and passed first time again. She's one of the best driver's I have ever sat in a car with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

kbannon wrote: »
    Poll added!

Ta! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Passed first time, applied for test the day I got first provisional but did have to wait 58 weeks until I done the test so loads of time to practice. Never took a lesson, taught myself in a field until I was competent enough in controlling the car to go on the road.

Know someone who passed first time, twice, sounds strange but she passed her test got her 10 year licence and drove on until stopped by a garda 23 years later, by which time her licence was 13 years out of date, she just never thought of renewing it, she had to start again on a provisional and passed first time again. She's one of the best driver's I have ever sat in a car with.

58 weeks! wow, I also applied for my test the day I got my provisional which was also the day I turned 17, but I only waited 14 weeks and passed it 1st time (A few months ago now).

System really worked out for me, I'm the only 17yr old I know with a full license, took a few lesson granted but i've been driving since I was 12, one of the advantages of growing up in the country

Advertisement