Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Me in einn

Options
  • 27-10-2007 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Went down to EINN today for a bit of observation in the tower, here are a few pics, sorry about only having three!! anyway, just thought id put em up!

[IMG][/img]dscf0122yh9.th.jpg
    dscf0123is9.jpg
    dscf0124ra2.jpg
    It was very quiet too, as you can see!lol
    I'll post the other one tommorow..

Regards,

Darragh.

VOTE KEANEY! CLASS ACT SATURDAY 28TH OF OCTOBER. RTE1 6:30

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Its been ages since I was in the tower.....the view is pretty amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Certainly is, great bunch of fella's up there, security was pretty tight today though because of the protest, but I got in alright. Went to Shannon center too, no pic's of there though. I'll upload some more photo's when I figure out how to get them off my phone!

Regards,

Darragh.

It was 2004 when I was there last (lol) I dont think I have the photos were crap.....the camera I had then was terrible compared to what I have now...haha!

Saturday is pretty quiet....especially since the summer season has now pretty much wound up, there were some interesting saturday flights this year, 2 Onur Air (Turkey) flights

Air France Cargo seem to have moved their Saturday ORD-SNN-CDG B747F flight to a Sunday now

Here are a few more, sorry about the quality!, batteries went on my digital camera so I had to use my phone!
    [IMG][/img]2710071715tv2.th.jpg
    The systems that the tower controller has in front of him...

[IMG][/img]donevw2.th.jpg
    Radar and flight information systems.

[IMG][/img]do1taxilightshb5.th.jpg
    Taxi and runway lights

cntrwingslo7.th.jpg
    A small Polish airline called centerwings(terrible quality, you can just make out the colours etc.)

So thats the lot!
    Sorry I dont have more, I would if the battery hadn't gone out of the digital camera! anyway, comment away!

Regards,

Darragh.

http://www.pointblankgym.com
    VOTE KEANEY! CLASS ACT RRTE1 TONGIGHT! SUNDAY 28TH OF OCTOBER

Centralwings....they are a LOT subsidary... They do well ex Shannon as the polish community are well aware of their presence, even over Ryanair. Centralwings fly to Warsaw , Katowice and Gdansk from Shannon

Is the "crash phone" still in the tower?

• Advertisement

Is the "crash phone" still in the tower?

It certainly is! along with a crash alarm and a phone for the fire station.

One thing I found a bit weird, Shannon approach is in Dublin. I know it could be in Achill Island and it wouldn't really matter, but still, would it no be more efficient, and easier to have it in Shannon? tower does however have a direct radio link to approach, and a feed from their radar, but still...

Darragh.

Well done to the Keaney brothers, did Galway proud!

Are you sure? Shannon APP was always in Balleycasey (When I last visted it was there anyway). There was talk of moving it...

Ya when I visited Ballycasey thats what they said too, it was in Ballycasey but its now in Dublin, it moved about a year ago, nice building they have down there in Ballycasey, pretty cool. Nice bunch of people down there too, very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Shannon approach IS in Dublin, and will be joined by Cork approach in the not too distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

Tis a long runway shannon. 2 miles...

• Advertisement

certainly is....so long in fact it's an alternate airport for the space shuttle!

Advertisement