Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo live rocks!

Options
  • 27-10-2007 9:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

Just wondered what people are making of it?

I reckon the organisers have done a great job so far from what I have seen on the streets. The french market on the river front really opens up that area. Was like a european city like Bruges or something. The street entertainment great, from a good mix of local to the international. Buskers on O Connell street (at last not prof charity hustlers) wouldnt have been out of place in the electric picnic. The parade had local kids from Cartron. The entertainment in the shopping centres just hit the right note for family entertainment. And was that Duke Special jamming in Lyons cafe?
    This kind of stuff should be the regular. Come on Sligo borough council! Make Sligo a great place to visit for everyone for free every weekend!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

We also had a great time at Sligo Live street entertainment with great friends!Loved the market too, (try the Dutch cheese sold by the Belgian man who lives in Ireland), and what a lovely parade!

Hear hear, well done Sligo Council and I would definitely support more family entertainment in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

tuppence wrote: »
    Just wondered what people are making of it?

I reckon the organisers have done a great job so far from what I have seen on the streets. The french market on the river front really opens up that area. Was like a european city like Bruges or something. The street entertainment great, from a good mix of local to the international. Buskers on O Connell street (at last not prof charity hustlers) wouldnt have been out of place in the electric picnic. The parade had local kids from Cartron. The entertainment in the shopping centres just hit the right note for family entertainment. And was that Duke Special jamming in Lyons cafe?
    This kind of stuff should be the regular. Come on Sligo borough council! Make Sligo a great place to visit for everyone for free every weekend!

Oh no I did miss the French market! Don't tell me I missed Duke Special jamming too :( it was great yesterday, really good atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭tulipandthistle

I think the French Market is on the whole bank holiday weekend. I think the cheese man said he was going home Monday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Is that what all those marquee type tents are down Rockwood Parade.....I wasnt sure when I first saw them,I only saw them when I was driving over Hyde Bridge

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Yes thats them alright. Good spot for them as they kinda invite people to use the waterfront.
    Imagine all that lit up at a xmas market for example. The smell of mulled wine, chocolate and cheese, selling crafts and stuff all along there? Less folk would be dashing off for atmosphere elsewhere. Rockwood parade an ideal site. Anyway i am digressing. wonder how the gigs are going too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement