Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Objection to term of language directed towards me by a moderator

Options
  • 27-10-2007 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I wish to lodge a complaint about a moderator(Terry), who used the term "spanner" while warning me about something I said.

Fair enough, I probably deserved the warning, but I DO NOT ACCEPT being called names by "mods".

The Mods should be asked to show the same respect to us as we are asked to show to them and other boards.ie members.

MM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is just the default wording in the infractions system. Link to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ruu wrote: »
    It is just the default wording in the infractions system. Link to post.

It might be the "default wording" as you put it, but if a poster was to use that term towards a MOD, we'd be chucked off the boards straight away!!?? That guy seemed to be abusing his position by calling a board user(me) "a spanner", that's all I'm saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Terry didn't call you a spanner. That was a description for the type of activity you were engaging in. Terry doesn't have the ability to reword it.

And calling a mod a spanner would not result in a ban. It's about the least offensive word I can think of.

Advertisement