Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible bike swop, race/fitness bike for commuter

Options
  • 27-10-2007 9:17pm
    Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭

Looking at options here, I have a second race/fitness bike that I haven't used in nearly a year. It is a giant OCR1 in medium with full tiagra. It has only done about 500 miles. It is as bought except for a shorter stem installed. The original is available too. I may throw it the look pedals with it too. It is a triple.
    It is in storage at the moment so no actual pics but this is the model:

http://archive.giant-bicycles.com/uk/030.000.000/030.010.000.asp?year=2004&model=9993

It was about €1000 new and is worth north of €500 now I would say, but am interested in a swop for a commuter in medium. Open to all options but am particularly interested in a sirrus, bad boy or may a dr dew. Medium size required.

Anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Have been lamenting the fact that I don't have something a bit more race-geometry on my Sirrus these past few mornings. Might be interested in a swap or part-swap as she would be worth a few sheckles less than the OCR1.

PM me if you're still interested, we can compare fine details and see what's what.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

beans is it the base sirrus? if so not really interested, nice bike though. would be looking at a higher spec one if doing a swop, doesn't seem to be much interest though so may just buy new and sell on the racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Aye, she's the Sora-shod base model, a few years old and well travelled. To be honest, I had a bit of a moment on the way home and decided it would be terrible of me to part with her, especially since there's a racer in the pipeline anyway. Plus, I'm reading 'The Third Policeman' by Flann O'Brien and I feel that she's probably around 35% me at this stage, so I couldn't part.

Good luck with the sale / upgrade.

Advertisement