Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stars

Options
  • 27-10-2007 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

No not the ones in the Sky:D, the ones underneath where it says 'Registered User'!

What do they mean? Are they a measure of how 'good' a poster you are or it is to do with how many posts per day you have or what is it to do with?

Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Thanks ned, I knew there was a perfectly good explanation!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

what is the moon, what is the stars?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'm a subscriber and I ain't got no steenking four stars...grrr.

Why I oughtta....

argh my 'I am spurious beige' is gone too...hmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Go to UserCP->Group Memberships and select Subscriber under Groups, spurious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks for that. It seemed to have gone back to default (or something).
    I hope I have my spurious beige back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Looks fine here, it might have changed for a few reasons like if your subscription lapsed or maybe changed your password or email address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hmm.

I'm kinda miffed that there is no differentiation between Mods and SubMods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There's no mention of pink/red subscriber stars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

DesF wrote: »

I agree. It's easy to change back to the mod usergroup though, which is what I'm going to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you change from mod to subbed you loose your bolded username. I tried it for a while and a user PMed me and asked was I demodded, so I changed back. It might be an idea to have a subbed mod group.It's a pity not to be identified as a subscriber just because you're a mod. The more the subscriber idea is promoted the better it is for Boards. I think a lot of people are not even aware of the concept of subscribing and seeing their mods as subscibers might raise the awareness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

+1

Green Stars for SubMods?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Hagar wrote: »
    If you change from mod to subbed you loose your bolded username. I tried it for a while and a user PMed me and asked was I demodded, so I changed back. It might be an idea to have a subbed mod group.It's a pity not to be identified as a subscriber just because you're a mod. The more the subscriber idea is promoted the better it is for Boards. I think a lot of people are not even aware of the concept of subscribing and seeing their mods as subscibers might raise the awareness.

I prefer the coloured stars so have never joined the mod user group. they are cool.
    obviously 4 coloured stars > 4 plain stars.
    Really when you add yourself to the mod user group you should just get the bold name
    but keep the coloured stars if a subscriber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Does any usergroup have BOLD ITALICS

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Does any usergroup have BOLD ITALICS
    admin, iirc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

copacetic wrote: »
    I prefer the coloured stars so have never joined the mod user group. they are cool.
    obviously 4 coloured stars > 4 plain stars.
    Really when you add yourself to the mod user group you should just get the bold name
    but keep the coloured stars if a subscriber.

What? The white stars are so much cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Yellow ftw \o/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Mods/Admin staff should have a different color username so as they stand out.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I think the mods just have bolded names, whateva bout the stars!
    *wants bold username* :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I think the mods just have bolded names, whateva bout the stars!
    *wants bold username* :D

Switch yourself into the mod group then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

All of this talk of moving to the "Mod" group...I want to.:mad:

:D

I don't see it listed in group memberships?

I don't see it listed in group memberships?

You were made mod after the vb upgrade, right? Do you have registered user in your group memberships?

All I've got is Registered users and Subscribed Users As for when I was made mod, I dunno...after?

All I've got is Registered users and Subscribed Users As for when I was made mod, I dunno...after?

Once you become a mod you don't have access to the registered user group. I've noticed this with another mod (he was made mod after the upgrade, that's why I asked). He was still in the registered user group. I meant to PM him about it but forgot.

So I don't get no bold letters then? Oh well, I'll survive somehow I suppose!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Hmm.

crisis averted!
    TinyPinkLameStars.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

So I don't get no bold letters then? Oh well, I'll survive somehow I suppose!

Not having a bolded name is a mistake on the Admin who made you mod's part. They have to set you to the user group, you can't do it yourself. It was the same when I became a mod, I had to get the Admins to sort it out. Bring it to their attention and they'll fix it.

Advertisement