Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding for NTL?

Options
  • 28-10-2007 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

I'm trying to get my torrents running above 1kb, and they used to run just fine until I moved house and ISP. Now I'm on NTL with a Linksys WRT54G wireless router, and am using Shareaza.

From what I can gather I need to set up something called Port Forwarding on my router to give my torrents a kick in the pants.

Could anyone help me out with this, like, step by step style? I'm a computer thicko!

Thanks for all help folks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

try using utorrent and port forwarding is done through your firewall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

www.portforward.com

Just select your router and the program (utorrent) from the list
    and it'll walk you through the config.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

I'm trying to get my torrents running above 1kb, and they used to run just fine until I moved house and ISP. Now I'm on NTL with a Linksys WRT54G wireless router, and am using Shareaza.

From what I can gather I need to set up something called Port Forwarding on my router to give my torrents a kick in the pants.

Could anyone help me out with this, like, step by step style? I'm a computer thicko!

Thanks for all help folks...

NTL throttle torrents so you won;t get very fast speeds even when you forward ports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

stebishop wrote: »
    NTL throttle torrents so you won;t get very fast speeds even when you forward ports

they dont throttle speeds
    they prioritise their traffic, which is only fair really. if not a lot of people are online then your speeds will be fine

www.sandvine.com - its what the use. no way of getting around it

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭PaddyofNine

Thanks. So, even with Port Forwarding, what kind of speeds can I expect?

• Advertisement
Advertisement