Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Break

Options
  • 28-10-2007 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Does anybody know when we break for Christmas and when we come back in the New Year? Nobody seemed to know when I asked but that's not really surprising :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

it'll be in the dkit handbook or on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Christmas. Sure we're only starting our mid term....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

Thanks guys.
    The reason I ask is I may have the chance to go away after Christmas and if it clashes with college I won't bother, also the sooner I book tickets the cheaper I get them.
    I looked at all suggestions and to be honest I am none the wiser.
    The handbook says term 2 starts on Jan 7th and semester 2 starts on the 16th, the web says the college opens on Jan 3rd but no date as to when classes start.
    :confused:
    Thanks anyway, will try and find out next week.

its the 16th :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

...? That's confusing... I didn't get the handbook this year, so I'm depending on the website for dates.
    Feck it, I'll take the last possible date that classes can start again (16th eh?) and turn up then...

only first years get them handed to them i think you have to go get them yourself then, not sure if you go to the su or if you have to buy them.

it is the 16th anyway, it was a similar date last year, term 2 refers to non semesterised courses(i think) and apprentices and the college opening is when you can access the college again to use the library etc..

I asked yesterday and was told its the 16th (YAY)
    Quote member of staff....If its says semester 2 starts on the 16th then that's when you are back. Good enough for me.

If you want a handbook they have them in the grants office (I think that's what its called) opposite the bank. I grabbed one today, they have a good few of them.

The handbook says that we're back in on the 16th which means a month off. Am i wrong or is it the handbook. Was gonna ask the students union but i'd probably end up more confused and they'll probably try to pawn off one of their students union hoodies to me.

I had another look, its gets even more confusing...

The diary at the end of the handbook says the 16th, then on page 2 or 3 it says the 23rd.
    :confused:

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    The handbook says that we're back in on the 16th which means a month off. Am i wrong or is it the handbook. Was gonna ask the students union but i'd probably end up more confused and they'll probably try to pawn off one of their students union hoodies to me.

we get a month off from actual college but the exams are on that week of the 16th of dec for some people, it is the 16th anyway

If we get it wrong I'm blaming the handbook.

That_Guy wrote: »
    If we get it wrong I'm blaming the handbook.

its always the handbooks fault anyway, its evil i tell ya, evil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

I don't care really, I always split around the 20th, tradition in our house to gather round the 21st, the fathers really into celtic folklore etc, he lights a bonfire that night and we all have to join hands etc

Sounds fun. I heard that we're not back in til the 24th.... Is it different for some courses?

Advertisement