Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no pressure in central heating

Options
  • 28-10-2007 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

hi there,
    does anyone know how to get the water pressure back up in the Court central heating systems? we have a vokera boiler, and last night i had to bleed some of the rads because they were only half full. suddenly the boiler switched off because the pressure dropped to zero.

i've read through all the previous threads here and i still dont have a clue..

please, please anyone who knows how to pressurise these things, please give me a clue? i;m in a duplex, but i 'm sure they are all fairly similar..

thanks in advance,

lastsaturday...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Get someone to watch the dials for you. Go the hot press and bring a flat head screwdiver. Along the flexible hose you will see a bracket with a screw on it . Turn the screw with the flathead. You will hear/feel water going through. Get your partner to start the system as the pressure rises to 2 bar. All should be fine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

hey, i think that's it! it's come on now and theres a load of bubbling and gurgling. i think i'll have to bleed the system again once it's settled down a bit. do i just bleed the highest rad, or should i do them all?

thanks,

Last..

hey, i think that's it! it's come on now and theres a load of bubbling and gurgling. i think i'll have to bleed the system again once it's settled down a bit. do i just bleed the highest rad, or should i do them all?

thanks,

Last..
    Dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭lastsaturday

hey Hammiepeters, thanks for the info, it's all working perfectly again. no need for the extra duvet tonight!

thank again,

Lastsaturday

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Great site - just logged in to ask for help as my heatings not working!!!:D So Hammiepeters thanks for the answer I shall try that and yeh I had just bleed the rad in the bathroom :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Worked thanks

Great. I guess thats what these sites are for. Just dont get me started on doom and gloom economic outlooks or Jackie Skelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I found that bleeing the rads crashed the water pressure on boiler, therefore, I don't unless needs be. So far i haven't needed to.

The water pressure is ½ way between 0 and 1, but if it reaches 2 or higher, then you can bleed the raditators to bring it down

Advertisement