Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 and Monitor Question Guys!!

• 28-10-2007 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know a bit about resolutions or anyone got their 360 hooked up to a monitor, not a TV?

All I know is that you've got to get a VGA cable and get a monitor but I found out there is such thing as a native reolution?!?

I play the new pro evo on the 360 connected to an average 28inch widescreen tv (not HD, not LCD) and I'm thinking of getting a new LCD monitor to hook up the 360 with.
    What's with resolutions? Which is native for the widescreen mode in HD for the 360?

I was looking at the 22inch
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=335466
    which has a native resolution of 1680*1050 widescreen and 24 inch
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=338368
    which has native of 1920* 1200 widescreen.

Does anyone happen to know what kind of monitor I should be getting if I want to play a 1080i or a 720p quality (HD) gameplay on a monitor?

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I have a 24" inch dell and its native res is 1900*1200

1080P is 1900*1080. With some monitors like the dell they have 1:1 pixel mapping meaning they can either stretch the 360 feed to fit the screen, or else show 1080 high with minor black bars.

However i went back to my lcd tv as I found the colours over vga are just too washed out for me. My tv cant do 1080P so I had to go back to 720P but Ill take the more vibrant colours over higher res... plus the tv is bigger...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I use a 19" dell with a native res of 1280x1024 and that's what I have the xbox set to. It means a few games are letterboxed but that doesn't really bother me. The alternative would be to use a crt television which I have no intention of doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Spend about €700/800 and get a 32" LCD HD TV. It'll be worth it in the long run because you might get sick of your 28" and if you get a HD Drive for 360 you could only watch it on a small screen if you get the monitor.

Advertisement