Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bbs swerving to the left

Options
  • 28-10-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭

At about 10 metres my m4s shots are swerving to the left, sometimes so extremely they miss a cereal box completely at this range and fly off to the left.

Is this a lack of lubrication in the barrel causing the bbs to rub against the left side of the barrel and spin that way?

Or is it uneven wear on the hop up rubber giving an up and left spin?

I have no silicon oil but I use excel bbs and I think they are pre lubed.

Or is it more likely the hop up unit is sh*te or the rubber is twisted, and i should get a better unit or new rubber.

I've only noticed this happening recently and has not been noticeable before.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Turn the hopup completly off, then shoot a few rounds. You can rule it out then. It could be dirt in the barrel, the hopup or a bent barrel(fall etc). I would put them in that order for likelyhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Was happening without the hop on.

Cleaned the barrel with some oil and a rag, wd40, dont kill me (with criticism) it went nowhere near any rubber, its a very light coat in the barrel and I dried it out and ran some silicon oiled bbs through it.

Seems all ok now.

I have to have the hop nearly all the way on though, does it need replacing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

I don't have much experiance with M4 hop-up units but all my good AK style hop-up's never need to be set more then 1 quarter to get them shooting straight. If you have to have full hop on I'd say it needs replacing alright.

Advertisement