Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Car

Options
  • 28-10-2007 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

Hello all, basically i have roughly 5000 to spend on a new car. Been driving for the last year and a half. Im 18 which means insurance will naturally be a bitch so what im looking for is either a import, which has a bit of performance yet easy to insure. Also considering a mark I or II gti or old 205 gti, always loved them since i was young, although that will probably be out of the question due to insurance. Is there any tricks of the trade i should know when looking at imports? Not so much for insurance "dodging" but anyways i can tweak my application within a legal way. Any ideas? i hope to be on a full licence by next month. Any help greatly, greatly appreciated, as i have alot of cars in mind but dont know if it would even be possible to get insured. I am currently driving the family 1.6 zetec focus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

your just gonna have to grin and bear it i'm afraid theres no way your gonna get quoted on anything decent at your age,you should try the internet sites, put in your details and see what kind of cars you can get insurance on.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

maybe focus on looks rather than performance till you're more experienced and can afford insurance on a fast car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭ExoduS 18.11

I realise this , but im maybe looking at a non turbo glanza, or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

im selling my muched loved 106 GTI, insurance isnt too bad concidering its a 1.6 GTI, have a look at my add in cars fs. insurance would be less than an import, ie: any civic, Glanza, mivec...

Advertisement