Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Navigator NT

• 28-10-2007 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi

Can someone tell me it City Navigator NT is just the version of maps that Garmin do?? I know they use the Navteq maps so i thought CN NT was a Navteq Version but I was told by a friend who got a New Sony Nav U53 that CN NT is a just used by Garmin???

Can someone shed light on this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Depends on the Garmin Model. Currently Garmin use navteq mapping

City Navigator /City Navigator NT IS Navteq mapping (i.e. its the Navteq maps wrapped up into a version sold only by Garmin). The newest maps for Europe are the v9 maps, at least for the next few months until the updates come out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mushaie

ok gotcha. So the fact the Sony doesn't have City Navigator NT doesn't mean it has older maps.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

Xtra Vision have the Nav U 53 for €199. That's a pretty good price for something with proper map coverage of Ireland !

Advertisement