Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a device....

• 28-10-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I'm getting a new phone (well work are!) and im splashing out, i just need it for accessing email on the move, but, i want a high end device as i'm not going to be paying for it.

I really just want to use it for a gps device because i think that is snazzy:D

At first glance im thinking of going for a nokia n95 but im stil easy.

Any sugestions....?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

n95 seems to do everything you want. The downside is that the battery life is less than a day when using it.

Any other features you're looking for? Are you really going to use GPS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

Well not really, i just want a new toy to be honest!

I wouldnt mind a decent enough camera.

Id like to be able to play mp3s and maybe listen to the radio too.

Tbh what i really want is a cutting edge phone with lots of cool stuff on it! (very technical term there)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

JuJuYNWA wrote: »

Tbh what i really want is a cutting edge phone with lots of cool stuff on it! (very technical term there)
    I guess the n95 would be the "toy" to go for then. Just make sure you get a car charger too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

JuJuYNWA wrote: »

HTC do some pretty nifty devices. I've a HTCP3600 -- you should probably try to get yourself a HTC device with WinMobile 6. I downloaded google maps mobile edition today and was amazed! My train journey was very interesting! I was in london and had a couple of hours to spare, typed into google maps "cinemas in London" and within seconds, I could see the closest cinema to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Cantab. wrote: »
    HTC do some pretty nifty devices. I've a HTCP3600 -- you should probably try to get yourself a HTC device with WinMobile 6. I downloaded google maps mobile edition today and was amazed! My train journey was very interesting! I was in london and had a couple of hours to spare, typed into google maps "cinemas in London" and within seconds, I could see the closest cinema to me!

I got the HTC p3600 as well apart from a couple of minor issues I love it.

Serves me fine as phone, gps, email, internet and mp3 player.

However i'm not mad about its thickness- 18mm. Would prefer if it had the iphones thickness.
    Having said that not many other smartphones are less than 15mm thick.

Also the micro-sd expansion is limited to 2gb if you stick with wm5.
    I think its 4gb plus with wm6.

Google maps app is handy but doesn't do any proper irish pois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

wait for the N95 8gb or get a Nokia E90

Advertisement