Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[REQ] Playstation 3 (with full spec)

• 28-10-2007 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

my cousin is finally gonna get a PS3 and is looking for the best deal... Should be the type that plays PS2 games, has big hard-drive, plays blu-ray, etc.

So please fire some deals at me :) Preferably walk-in retailers, not online...

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

HMV are doing the best deal on 60GB BC PS3. €500 with 2 games + BR film or €519 with 3 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sweet. Does that play PS2 games too, yep? I know some of them dont

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

ongarite wrote: »
    HMV are doing the best deal on 60GB BC PS3. €500 with 2 games + BR film or €519 with 3 games.

If you researched just a little, this version is the PAL launch version with 99% PS2 emulation, not the new 40GB no PS2 emulation version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Saw a poster in Xtravision window for the 40GB for €399.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

tesco are also doing the 40 gig for 399 tomorrow with 30% back in vouchours!

so you will Recieve 120 yoyo's in febuary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Every 60gb pal plays PS2 games through emulation, but the compatibility is very high, it's also the best that was released here.

The new 40gb version has no PS2 BC at all (I think it still has PS1) so that's not what the OP is looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I understand, i was replying to the above poster befor me who seen a 40 gig in xtravision for 399, i was informing him / her i seen one simular.

For a complete Retail configurations of the both versions here is a dialog of whats the 40 gig has compared to the 60 gig.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3#Retail_configurations.

i still think the tesco offer is very good for software & games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭red_fox

Ah, fair enough, it just seemed to be going towards the best value PS3 including the 40gb. The 30% offer certainly is good, I managed to pick up a Wii in the 50% offer a while back although the wait for the vouchers is a little annoying I'll have them soon.

Smyths are offering a €500 60gb PS3 plus

1 Game from either:

* Resistance Fall Of Man
    * Motorstorm

and 1 Game from either:

* F1 Championship Edition
    * Genji
    * Ridge Racer 7
    http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_Detail.aspx?pcode=D09147

The HMV deal is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I bought a 60GB PS3 bundle in HMV yesterday. I looked at all the game retailers and the HMV was the best deal. I got Ridge Racer 7, Resistance and Spiderman 3 BD for 500e and also got 35e worth of HMV Game Rewards card points

Advertisement