Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does music alter your mood?

• 28-10-2007 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

I find whatever I listen to has a huge impact on my mood. If I listen to rap music on the way to work I get all snappy and angry (although this also applies to country and western, Rhianna and that Suicidal chap - if only he practised exactly what he preaches!) and conversely if I listen to Curtis Mayfield, Jamiroquai or something with a bit of welly in it I'm giddy as fook for the rest of the day. Now that I think about it, it only really applies in the mornings. Anyone else like this? And if so, what gets you going/ annoys you?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no, we're unfeeling, unthinking automatons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Mordeth, do you just hang around and wait for new threads so you can be the first to post in them?

I like music!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I listen to GG Allin on the way to work every morning. It makes me beat the **** out of my colleagues before ****ting in my hand and then using it to write a note on the fridge about the lack of milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭RuailleBuaille

Mordeth wrote: »
    no, we're unfeeling, unthinking automatons.

With a humour bypass that leads straight to sarcasm? Squashed any butterflies lately? Or kicked any puppies? You come across as an awful joyless person. Clue is in the name I guess.

i'd hate to think what we could guess about you from your name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If I went too long without music I would get fairly down. I can't live without it.
    Listening to different types dependent on your mood can completely help.
    I also find it can help you escape from you mind for a while, give you a break from all the madness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

My mood alters my music not the other way around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

Before I go out at the weekend, I listen to Hip-Hop/ dance tunes to get into the mood for "partying"

Mordeth wrote: »
    i'd hate to think what we could guess about you from your name.

I'm a very restless person. But think away, I'm sure it'd be all sunshine, lollipops and rainbows anyway. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    My mood alters my music not the other way around.

I know what you mean. But I'm thinking about when I worked in a factory when I was 16 and Mambo Number 5 used to come on and the whole factory would be buzzing around, flying through the work. But then Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On would be played at one 'cos it was number one and everything would grind to a halt. So when you have to listen to stuff that's not your choice, how does it affect you?

I know what you mean. But I'm thinking about when I worked in a factory when I was 16 and Mambo Number 5 used to come on and the whole factory would be buzzing around, flying through the work. But then Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On would be played at one 'cos it was number one and everything would grind to a halt. So when you have to listen to stuff that's not your choice, how does it affect you?

Ah I see what you mean. Well if I'm out and I hear 'Maniac 2000' then out comes the inner knacker in me and everyone around!

ROFL @ Mordeth, that's exactly what I imagine you to look like! Cool tune!

Ah I see what you mean. Well if I'm out and I hear 'Maniac 2000' then out comes the inner knacker in me and everyone around!

LOL, and the Proclaimers bring out the specky Scots in us all too :)

LOL, and the Proclaimers bring out the specky Scots in us all too :)

Ha yep and the other usual suspects - 'Livin On A Prayer', 'Summer Of 69', 'Sweet Child O'Mine'....

Ha yep and the other usual suspects - 'Livin On A Prayer', 'Summer Of 69', 'Sweet Child O'Mine'....

I'm thinking we need to change our choice of venue! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I wouldn't say alters my mood exactly, but listening to something like this:

It's hard not to feel a rush of exhilleration.

Great for working out or such, I find the music can give you quite a bit of energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Does music alter your mood?

lol, I should feckin' hope so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

I listen to different types of music based on my mood - if im headin out i put on dance music, and if im feeling tired i listen to more relaxed mellow music.. if im in a bad mood i always listen to my favourite tunes on full blast to try cheer myself up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Great for working out or such, I find the music can give you quite a bit of energy.

that makes me want to laugh for few minutes. And then laugh some more. RAWWRRRR!!!!

• Advertisement

It makes me scared! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Less exhilleration, more wanting to rip off my ears so I wouldnt have to hear that sh*te again. That is really really awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

my mood alters my music.

only exceptional songs will have the opposite effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Music as my first love ,and it will be my last ,music of the future and music of the past , to live without my music would be immpossible to do ,cos in this world of troubles ,my music pulls me through ......

MUSIC by John Miles 1975

That verse says it all for me .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Archimedes wrote: »
    Less exhilleration, more wanting to rip off my ears so I wouldnt have to hear that sh*te again. That is really really awful.

My work here is done. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Prince (The Artist formerly known as "Complete and Utter Tosser")

VERY BAD MOOD !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement