Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox for girls!!

• 28-10-2007 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

Hello

Looking for a decent 2 player game that myself and the girlfriend could play. A good racing, platform - shooter type game. I've heard marvel allience is good. In the past Baldurs gate has been a good 2 player but the 360 blows in this department.

D.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Virtua fighter 5

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Marvel alliance isn't good. Don't get it. No comparison to Baldur's Gate.

Gears of War has good co-op.
    Halo 2/3 have good co-op, don't know about halo 1.
    Virtua Tennis 3 is great as co-op or versus.

Crackdown has co-op, but I personally wouldn't recommend it, even though it's won a few awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

me and the little lady enjoyed the crazy golf game on the arcade. Esy going, simple controls and a good laugh ( if a little short )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Gears Of War, Halo Trilogy, GRAW, Rainbow Six, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Lego Star Wars: Complete Saga, Earth Defence Force, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero all have good co-op modes.

The Simpsons Game will also have a drop in and out co-op mode which sounds promising. Regardless of awards, Crackdown is a great game in co-op mode but is online only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

Yeah, seconding Lego Star Wars. I know a few girls that love it, one of them hasn't even seen any of the Star Wars movies (weird, I know). All of them hate the flying sections though.

Simpsons Game will probably be pretty similar with drop in/out, as Pedro says. Should have plenty of humour too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Viva Pinata without a doubt. My friend's girlfriend loves this game. I completed it too and it's good fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Guitar Hero 2 and/or 3.
    The missus is sitting behind me playing 3 as we speak.
    We played co-op last night in a shop and decided to pick it up this morning cos she enjoyed it so much.
    Just need a second controller now.

Pretty much guaranteed to have a great laugh playing this.
    Although the cost of the extra controller may put you off, I don't know.

Killian

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

+1 for guitar hero.

I also recommend downloading bomberman live from xbox arcade. Its great fun and easy to get into.

I find generally that girls dont go for complicated shooters that are too blokey but i played rainbow 6 vegas online a few weeks ago and 3 of the players were women! (one was married with kids!)

Embarrassingly, 2 of them kicked my ass good!

Im not being sexist, but i you dont find many females on xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

Better not tell this to my missus, she has finished Gears, COD 2, Bioshock, Halo 3 and HL2 on the hardest mode (bar Halo 3 and HL2) so far this year :)

She is currently kicking ass in Team Fortress 2 online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Gears Of War.

your gf might be a boy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

I think she'd like bomberman, simple and fun. That's what it's all about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Placebo wrote: »
    your gf might be a boy :)
    I was wondering why she wouldn't do it with the lights on at night. I've noticed that she has a rather prominent Adam's Apple.

Back on topic: Guitar Hero rocks. Buy 2 now and then there's Guitar Hero 3 out in a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

my girlfriend says she doesnt gamr, but recently she goes long spells without replying on msn, and wont tell me what shes playing, but she plays it for long spells, can only mean one thing

She plays WoW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry to hear that man, hopefully she'll realise that there are good games to play out there and come back to the real world...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Good co-op 360 games:

Lego Star Wars II, Gears of War, Halo 3, Earth Defence Force, Crackdown, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Guitar Hero 2. Take your pick. Definitely keep an eye out for Left 4 Dead, looks like it's going to be one hell of a co-op game.

Lego Star Wars I, Halo 1 and 2 are original Xbox games, but have good co-op and work on 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spotweldjunkie

i know its not a two player game but my girlfriend loves to play zuma

Advertisement