Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for a coffee in the city?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Back to good coffee

Is Starbucks going to be the new M&S of Limerick???

I know we are now promised that M&S are finally going to set up a store in Limerick. BUT think of the years of speculation that have preceded this 3/4 promise (I'll believe it when I see it!).

So, Starbucks are in Ireland for a while now - lots of coffee shops in Dublin.

I'm a big fan of Starbucks - love their coffee!

Still no sign of anyone opening a Starbucks coffee house in this part of the country.

I can see Limerick in a few years; no Starbucks; rest of Ireland - 100+ Starbucks.

The Limerick M&S story all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

not necessarily! Only Dublin has starbucks at the moment...plus one in Kildare and another in cork. So i'd say it'll be at least a year or two before we get a starbucks and when we do i'd say it'll be in the parkway valley or something.

And anyway if you want starbucks so bad you could just go to The George...they do starbucks coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Starbucks stand in georges? Remember hearing that, not that it would be anything like a actual starbucks or anything

Theres some in cork, well the airport and I think someone said the university now has one. Surely Limerick will be getting one soon enough then no? This parkway valley looks like it will have everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

I have hard that there is a starbucks going into Shannon airport-think it's upstairs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sian

Jeepurst I live in Dublin! Where is this Relish place so I can get pasta for 3.95!

Also I nearly started crying when I came home and headed for Javas only to find it demolished. It was an institution! There were always rumours it was goin but it hang on in there for a long time. Does anyone remember the croissant they used to do with cream and chocolate sauce?? We used to just call it 'sex'. Ah yes and sitting by the fire upstairs in the swingy chair or the couch. The service was rubbish but you couldn't beat it for cosiness and atmosphere. The memories!! Sob. What's the one like out in UL? Where is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The one in UL is pretty good, though because it's a cafe bar now it has the added benefit of booze. Possibly the best food on campus in there. They still have the big old table from upstairs, but besides that it's not really the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

dont go to the bank is all i will say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Epic!

I know this is about coffee but I felt compelled to say that Jaffa's has THE most gorgeous hot chocolate. Ever. With Cream. AND Marshmellows!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Yeaah! Jaffa's for a great coffee and nice mince pies ....well it is Christmas!

I was there again yesterday and got the usual nice food and coffee and service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭REPSOC1916

The Furze Bush on Glentworth street served great for coffee. Though the last time I was there, was the 24th of December 2005(I had my breakfast there. They also did a pretty good continental). Does anyone know what happened to it? Also what happened to Tiger Lillie's and Rubens? They were terrific cafes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement