Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift Ideas?

Options
  • 28-10-2007 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Hello, a very good friend of mine has just become a dad! I have no idea what presents to get for first born babies. Any suggestions? It's a girl by the way.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

It might sound ridiculous and not very original, but we've found with our girls that cuddly toys have had the most lasting impact. They may not have much interest in them at first, but inevitably they will rediscover them and then you can say: "Uncle Joe got you that" and then the character becomes associated with the person that gave it.

With clothes, for example, they will be useful at some point and then passed on/discarded. Depends on what the parents' needs are I guess and what you want to say with your gift :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paddymorrison

Thanks a million! Cuddly toy sounds like a good idea, why didn't I think of it..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

When I was born my auntie got me a lovely silver egg cup and saucer and the saucer had my date/time of birth and weight on it. It was a really nice unusual little thing to have and is now one of my favourite things!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭oh well

how about a really nice money box or picture frame. having 3 kids i absolutely hate the cuddly toys hanging around the house that they won't get rid off or let me wash because uncle/aunt xxxx bought them it. i got silver money boxes for the last few baby presents and they were always well received.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ceidefields

A gift voucher for a massage for Mum + a really soft teddy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Or... something plastic with a great big button it and when it gets pressed, it plays a really loud irritating tune that can't be stopped untill it's through and gets buried at the bottom of the toy box so when you're putting your child to sleep and slightly nudge the box, the tune goes off :-)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 206 ✭✭Creachadóir

The massage for mammy will go down well. New born babies get all the good stuff, when it was poor mammy that did all the work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paddymorrison

Thanks for all the suggestions! Will go to town to do some shopping now.

Advertisement