Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole Trader Nov 15th Tax return

Options
  • 28-10-2007 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

HI,
    Im looking for abit of advise on making my tax return for Nov 15th. A friend of mine said he will make it for me as he is registered for online filing.
    Firstly im a sole trader that set up in sept 05'. I have a full time job also where i work 9-5. I wouldnt have a large turn over prob about 20K from sept 05 - dec 06. I need to find out what i need to submit to my friend inorder for him to give me a figure of what i need to pay the revenue.

Is the return based on total sales or sales less purchases and expenses??
    Also what other things can i include to reduce the total payable as my registered address for the business is my apartment can i include any expences relating to this??

Thanks,

G

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Wrong forum, and probably wrong website.

Try www.askaboutmoney.com

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Business Management.

Mods, if BM if the wrong forum, apologies.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

gmcg wrote: »

HI,
    Im looking for abit of advise on making my tax return for Nov 15th. A friend of mine said he will make it for me as he is registered for online filing.
    Firstly im a sole trader that set up in sept 05'. I have a full time job also where i work 9-5. I wouldnt have a large turn over prob about 20K from sept 05 - dec 06. I need to find out what i need to submit to my friend inorder for him to give me a figure of what i need to pay the revenue.

Is the return based on total sales or sales less purchases and expenses??
    Also what other things can i include to reduce the total payable as my registered address for the business is my apartment can i include any expences relating to this??

Thanks,

G

How can you pay YOUR taxes in someone else's name? Sounds dodgy to me. I'm sure revenue would raise a few eyebrows. If you haven't registered for ROS, you'd better get your skates on -- you need to install their java certificates on your machine, plus, you also need them to POST you out your password. Only then can you submit a tax return. Tick, tock.

Advertisement