Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightmares on Wax

Options
  • 28-10-2007 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Just got my first fibreglass board. What is the deal with first wax job? I am just going to wax is like I always used to on my Bic. This right or does it matter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

that depends on how you waxed your bic before, haha, i suggest you start with a base coat and using half the bar on a mini mal and a full bar if its a longboard and start with thich horizontal criss/cross wax lines, then use a top coat and rub the wax in a circular motion, the wax will build as mounds or bumps over the criss crosssed waxed pattern and the bumps will give you the best traction, make sure you use the right wax, i use palmers for my shortboard, gives a good traction and normally sex wax on my longboard, magma is queit good too but hard to get, its shamped like trianangles and makes it easier to rub on.

Advertisement