Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus clutch acting up....

Options
  • 28-10-2007 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Hiya all.

I have a 99 focus with 87K miles and the clutch is acting up. When I am driving and put the boot down, the engine revs rise but the power sometimes takes a few seconds to get to the wheels. Its like I am riding the clutch and slowly releasing it. It is sometimes like an automatic car does where there is a pause between the revs rising and the car starting to move.

I rang my garage but they are very busy and are quoting about two weeks before getting it in.

Anyone got any ideas about if I can do something myself or is is knackered?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Sounds like you need a new clutch, 87k miles is pretty good on the original.
    Not an easy job to do unless you have access to a ramp.

Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I was afraid someone might say that!

Any idea how much a new clutch might cost?

Advertisement