Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible to upgrade from 3pay to bill pay on 3

• 28-10-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭

I want to upgrade from 3pay to bill pay on 3. I already have a 3 number which I want to keep. I see no option to do this. Is it even possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

yes you just sign up just as if you are bringing a different network number to three and as it is already a three number there is no delay for porting but there may be some delay switching from pre-pay to contract account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I was told by a shop that you can't do it. His suggestion was to port the 3 number to vodafone for a day and then port it back to 3. Is this even allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

yes you can!

My local carphone warehouse certainly won't allow me to do it.

i have emailed three to ask if this is possible and should get reply to the email tuesday or wednesday but i am fairly sure they will say it is possible to switch from 3-pay to pay-monthly

• Advertisement

The question is will you be elligible to get a new phone as part of it?

you should be free to buy a contract phone using a pre-pay sim which you transfer to the contract account but maybe three work differently??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I was told by a shop that you can't do it. His suggestion was to port the 3 number to vodafone for a day and then port it back to 3. Is this even allowed?

internal porting with 3 causes problems. you can go one way but not the other. i believe that you can't go from payg to bill. the person who told you to go to vodafone was giving you the standard way around the problem.

of course, it could just be that customer care told us all you can't but they were wrong. as we all know, they usually are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I once got a Three CC rep to tell me I could do it but I think I would lose out on a new phone. I think it is one of Three's many ways to keep customers confused and unhappy.

Loose out on a new phone? Screw that.

Think I will go to Vodafone for a day and then move back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Loose out on a new phone? Screw that.

Think I will go to Vodafone for a day and then move back.

Call 3 and threaten to change network if they don't give you what you're entitled to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

I was also told by CPW and three that you couldn't port from threepay to three contract.
    Very strange.
    Also because it would be a good way of testing the three network before commmitting to go on contract it's a fairly stupid policy IMHO.

I would not be bothered but the number I have is a pretty nice number, which I don't want to loose.

Hi,

Thank you for enquiring about switching your 3Pay account to Pay Monthly. I was unable to call you as you haven’t provided us with any of your contact details.

I’m glad to inform you that you can certainly bring over your 3Pay number to Pay Monthly. Currently this can only be done from a 3 Store. You’ll have to buy a new contract along with a handset. Your old 3Pay number can then be transferred to the new contract account. You can locate 3 Stores in your area by logging on to our website www.three.ie or by calling customer services.

I hope this answers your query. Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to call our customer service by dialing 333 from a 3 phone (free of charge) or 083 333 3333 (charged at applicable mobile rates). We’ll be glad to assist you.

Regards,

here is the reply from three to my question about this issue and apparently you can keep your number.

Advertisement