Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2008 PS3 Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i cant play tonight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i shouldnt really either, ive my driving test tomorrow

though i might get a game or 2 on if people are online

ive decided im only playing boards.ie people coz the lag is terrible against foreigners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Loyal-to-LFC

What times it gonna start and how will results be recorded and matches organized? on this or psn messages? Im up4 a few friendly practice games now anyone.

it will be both players will report the result back, there doenst seem to be a provision to create leagues or cups online

im at work but i may be online later

well that makes it 9 so the min-groups would have to go.... we can do a league if all want?... thats what i wanted in the 1st place!!??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mivec

im still up for this i had to change my NAT settings on the ps3 system and after a quick conversation with eircom im good to go

just tried playing gilberto there this lag stuff is gettin annoying at one point i cleared the ball even the comintator said it the next he has the ball in the back of my net :(

thats coz gilberto cheats :)

only kidding

mivec where are you from again?
    i played gilberto with relatively no lag and SRFC08 with almost no lag at all

thats coz gilberto cheats :)

only kidding

mivec where are you from again?
    i played gilberto with relatively no lag and SRFC08 with almost no lag at all

from dublin mate :(

eircom?

1mb - 2mb - 3mb - dial up?

• Advertisement

well that makes it 9 so the min-groups would have to go.... we can do a league if all want?... thats what i wanted in the 1st place!!??

Yes, a leagues fine with me. That way you can get 2 matches out of the way at once, do the home and away legs there and then. Possibly make it quicker.

yeah the hardest part will be getting people online at the same time for games

question though

if there is lag in a game and one player isnt happy. whats the port of call?

eircom?

1mb - 2mb - 3mb - dial up?

turns out ive a 1mb line so ive ordered a 2mb upgrade im good to go :)

yeah the hardest part will be getting people online at the same time for games

question though

if there is lag in a game and one player isnt happy. whats the port of call?

Thats why I think saying some people have this lag issue that the tournament should be played in a friendly room, then it wont matter much if you get hammered due to lag, but it will still be competitive as there will be bragging rights on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

lads whats the name of the room? Every time I try accessing a room it tells me i cant!! Says An Error Has occured, failed to connect with opponent

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gary_dunbar

Hey Gilberto stick me down for Barcelona. I need a decent team after the kicking that Dionsiseire was giving me last night with Newcastle cheers:D

The league sounds like a good idea if we can agree on times for games etc

Can't believe Loyaltolfc is picking Chelsea :) although I can't say much either I'm a big pool fan too

lads whats the name of the room? Every time I try accessing a room it tells me i cant!! Says An Error Has occured, failed to connect with opponent

sounds like what i was getting mate, go to network settings on ur ps3 then test connection does it say at the bottom that ur connection NAT is TYPE 1/2/3?

have someone from another site so thats 6... we can do a mini league or 2 groups of 3.... but with 6 i think maybe the mini-league would be better!. it will only be 10 games anyway so we could finish it quick then do another in a day or 2 when we might have more?

everybody want to start tonight and want a min-league/ 2 groups of 3?.....

can everyone send me a PM with there msn or sumin so we can sort out giving teams?....ill assign the best 6 teams to a number and you pick one...to prove im not cheating im gonna let mivec pick 1st and show him the list after(i have his msn so can contact him straight away) ill take the remaining team

Barcelona
    Man Utd
    Ac Milan
    Chelsea
    Madrid
    Inter Milan

anyone want to change any particular team on basis of better one been left out? any probs with random teams?.... im personally just sick of playing barcelona every game online!!

if everyone can come to picking a team without clashing then we can leave the draw...... but i can see 3 ppl wanting to pick them

Thats why I picked chelsea, Liverpools not in the list. Gladly pick Liverpool if I can.

can we pick international too or is it just club?

can pick who ya want as long as it doesnt clash!....

if its lagging it doesnt count.... nothing worse then losing a lagging match(just did 30mins ago still raging)

barcelona
    milan
    liverpool
    newcastle taken thus far!

heather...room??... what are ya talking about exactly?!:confused:

who are you picking btw?

well if everyone plays most evenings then there shouldnt be a problem...if we could all get connected by MSN too we can arrange games between ourselves!!.

• Advertisement

mivec wrote: »
    sounds like what i was getting mate, go to network settings on ur ps3 then test connection does it say at the bottom that ur connection NAT is TYPE 1/2/3?

It says I'm NAT Type 3, and that online stuff may be restricted, any idea how to change it?

il take argentina so :)

@heathersonline, are you with eircom?

mivec wrote: »
    il take argentina so :)

@heathersonline, are you with eircom?

i am indeed

i am indeed

right in the address bar type in http://192.168.1.254/ on the left hand side you'll see an option fro firewall.... click this.... then near the bottom select off.... then save changes..... DONE! restart ur PS3 & Modem before you test ur connection again and you'll have connectivity :D

Should I be worried about the whole

Not recommended. This setting disables all levels of protection for your network, and exposes your network to significant security risks by allowing all traffic to and from the Internet through your Router. This setting should be used for testing only, or if you are using another type of firewall in conjunction with your Netopia Router.

Thing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ill take man united if it still available .anyone up for a game iv a room set up yabadabado.

Should I be worried about the whole

Not recommended. This setting disables all levels of protection for your network, and exposes your network to significant security risks by allowing all traffic to and from the Internet through your Router. This setting should be used for testing only, or if you are using another type of firewall in conjunction with your Netopia Router.

Thing?!

I would leave the firewall settings as they were and instead forward the ports your ps3 needs to get from NAT 3 to NAT 2. Look up the online instruction manual, click SETTINGS, then INTERNET CONNECTION TEST. Down below you find the ports the psn uses, TCP 80,443,5223 and UDP 3478, 3479 and 3658. look up your router settings on how to do this as it Im bthomehub and its prob diff for you. This way your network is secure but still connected for the PSN.

ok i'm online now with low level, wondering if you's have set up a match room?

I'l take Chelski if they're one of the teams?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 gary_dunbar

If any of ye are online now I'm on for few games? Dionsiseire set up a Boards.ie matchroom last night but he doesn't seem to be online at the moment. Can't see yabadabadoo's room. I've room set up SRFC08

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

im online now same room yabadabado

Advertisement