Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2008 PS3 Competition

Options

Comments

lads dont play anymore games until we can establish how many players we have.

just try get your 1st round of games complete and then leave it.

look is there anyone even viewing who wants to play who isnt involved you can have somone elses team?..... just make sure you have a decent connection or else its just a waste of time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

im free to play now for an hour or so

**** it so we'll drop drop whoever hasnt came back over the past few days i reckon we still have 5/6 anyway.... just to confirm ye'r still playing can ye just post a YES.... then ill edit the league and get rid of whoever isnt playing and put a new fixture list up...LOYAL will still have two played because he played ppl who have shown an interest.... they will have one played!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

YES

I think a smaller league is a better idea anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

Yes

• Advertisement

why say you want to play a league and then never post again ffs!!.:mad:
    well spock will need to sort his connection but whos in so?....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Loyal-to-LFC

Yes, this is fine with me

when im free i'll play

dionsiseire <at> hotmail <dot> com

thats my msn

i might be free a bit later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 P992

Yes

new list is up..... i spoke to eaither gary or mivericl(sorry i cant member it correctly) on msn and they said they had a new job and wouldnt be able to commit when they taught it was everyday, said ok when i explained that it was just the way the fixture list does it up..... havent heard frm whoever it was since so just took both of them out....if they want to play and slip them back in!!

lets start playing now frm 2moro night

• Advertisement

Nice1, looking forward to this.
    But just one thing, instead of having a fixture every night like is on the fixtures table, I think it would be better if we play say 2 matches a week. One a night is too much and the league will be over too quickly.

look scheduled matches wont work

when you get one of the lads online, play him, if no-one is online play the away leg too.

believe me, if you decide to take time on the league people will end up not playing it.

just be patient, the games will get played, only gary and giberto have me on msn

so others add me if you want games

look scheduled matches wont work

when you get one of the lads online, play him, if no-one is online play the away leg too.

believe me, if you decide to take time on the league people will end up not playing it.

just be patient, the games will get played, only gary and giberto have me on msn

Thats rubbish. Im in a pes league with 10 other people on another board and fixtures work fine. We are assigned 2 matches a week - most play on the night their supposed to, but who ever cannot, play a night or two after. All you have to do is add the person your playing to your psn friends list a night or two before your game and whenever yer both online just play! Its not hard and works great from my experience!

I dont have msn, so does that mean we cant play?!

games dont have to be played once a day..... but try not to play more then 1 a day...if you miss a day try play 2....but whats the point of doing a league format if team 1 has 12 games played and team 2 has 2.....bit stupid!!

any of the other players set up an msn?.... i now have spock' frm today!!

no games played? Come on lads, sort it out.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Thats rubbish. Im in a pes league with 10 other people on another board and fixtures work fine. We are assigned 2 matches a week - most play on the night their supposed to, but who ever cannot, play a night or two after. All you have to do is add the person your playing to your psn friends list a night or two before your game and whenever yer both online just play! Its not hard and works great from my experience!

I dont have msn, so does that mean we cant play?!

im sorry i dont schedule life around pro evo, i schedule pro evo around life. The Game a night fixtures there wont ever work for me and im sure it wont work for others.

I play when i can get a chance to get online and no more, thus one night a week , maybe two i might get to sit down and play some pro evo. if you are not free that night it could be weeks before we play.

So to try keep to a fixture list will not work for most people

and yes if you dont have msn you minimise your chance of catching me for a game of msn. i wont be using the ps3 for any form of chatting or organising.

im sorry i dont schedule life around pro evo, i schedule pro evo around life. The Game a night fixtures there wont ever work for me and im sure it wont work for others.

I play when i can get a chance to get online and no more, thus one night a week , maybe two i might get to sit down and play some pro evo. if you are not free that night it could be weeks before we play.

So to try keep to a fixture list will not work for most people

and yes if you dont have msn you minimise your chance of catching me for a game of msn. i wont be using the ps3 for any form of chatting or organising.

i will play the games as i get people online

i will be get as many played as anyone else

life will always come first

just got a confirmation error saying the servers are fully operational

Thats a 3-1 lead for me with your connection amazingly disapearing in the 85th minute

convenience much

• Advertisement

Result: Dionsis / Newcastle 3 - 3 Kev_85 / France.

Good game.
    Played brutal but cant believe I gave that goal away at the end! Pity about the first game, bloody thing disconnected.

yeah pity...

how did i know it wouldnt stand

Thats a 3-1 lead for me with your connection amazingly disapearing in the 85th minute

convenience much

what the whole thing went in the 85th minute and ye started again?.... if your winning a game in the last few mins and your 3-1 up i think a 3-1 win should stand..... or you can play the 5mins again!!...too far into a game in fairness.... only lagging connections were'nt going to count as what happened to me with spock and i quit it straight away to avoid any impending situation had we played until someone took a lead!.

i realise that opinion is in my favour

but i do have to agree with it, its too far gone and the chances of a comeback are beyond slim

its impossible for me to know weather it was internet connection going or being turned off, either way its extremely harsh on myself.

if there was a rule regarding this is would stop people disconnecting when they realise they arnt going to win

i realise that opinion is in my favour

but i do have to agree with it, its too far gone and the chances of a comeback are beyond slim

its impossible for me to know weather it was internet connection going or being turned off, either way its extremely harsh on myself.

if there was a rule regarding this is would stop people disconnecting when they realise they arnt going to win

drawing up rules would have been better however all been adults here i taught that someone losing 3-1 when there connection goes would realise a re-start from scratch was un-acceptable..... you can start from the last 10mins..... its not like you were winning 3-1 when your connection went so its un-fair...... im a very sore loser and if your allowed do it then i think i should be able...and the next thing we never have any games been played fairly

hey, I didnt quit anything. The connection went, not my problem. I asked you a number of times did you want to play again cos I found it unfair aswell. There was more then 10 mins to play and I was all over you!! We played again and got a 3-3 draw. Now your saying that it doesnt count?!
    btw there was terrible lag in the first game, it should have been replayed anyway because it was so bad. If you want we can forget those two games and play again? I never cheat in games man and im a bit pissed off being accused of it.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    hey, I didnt quit anything. The connection went, not my problem. I asked you a number of times did you want to play again cos I found it unfair aswell. There was more then 10 mins to play and I was all over you!! We played again and got a 3-3 draw. Now your saying that it doesnt count?!
    btw there was terrible lag in the first game, it should have been replayed anyway because it was so bad. If you want we can forget those two games and play again? I never cheat in games man and im a bit pissed off being accused of it.

im just going by what ive been told.... last few mins of a game and you were losing 3-1 and your connection went, it should have went down as a draw or play the remaining few minutes with the score the same.... theres no logic in re-setting the game and starting frm scratch.... if the game was laggy it should have been stopped before anyone got a lead it happened between me and spock...no arguments cause it didnt go far!.

what happens if ye play again and you win?.... dion goes from a win to a draw to a loss!. i think its tough if your connection goes considering the scoreline, if it was the other way around id be saying the same to him, a bit of matturity and sense by all of us here and we wouldnt have any problems. with the game been replayed it has made things difficult since it should never have started from the start with a re-set score..... can we come to a conclusion?... i say play whatever was left for the remaining minutes what should have been done!

anway for future referance for all players, if your connection goes you reply the remaining minutes of the game or accept your defeat

Well I think the 3-3 draw is the fairest result. Esp since he agreed to play me again. If he won the second game he wouldnt be complaining.

when did i agree to play you again?

show me a PSN message or MSN Conversation or Boards.ie Post saying,

"oh yeah sure its grand we'll start the whole thing again, never mind my 3-1 scoreline from the first sure i'll give you another 90 minutes to redeem yourself"

I played you again because you invited me, funny how your connection didnt go in that game when you were 3-1 up with 15 minutes to go and i equalise in the last minute, your connection must have realised your were winning your match and stayed on for you this time. i love the way eircom broadband does that sometimes, my broadband is always cutting out on me when im behind.

its a new service called broadband gamer protection.

• Advertisement

when did i agree to play you again?

show me a PSN message or MSN Conversation or Boards.ie Post saying,

"oh yeah sure its grand we'll start the whole thing again, never mind my 3-1 scoreline from the first sure i'll give you another 90 minutes to redeem yourself"

I played you again because you invited me, funny how your connection didnt go in that game when you were 3-1 up with 15 minutes to go and i equalise in the last minute, your connection must have realised your were winning your match and stayed on for you this time. i love the way eircom broadband does that sometimes, my broadband is always cutting out on me when im behind.

its a new service called broadband gamer protection.

i dont think anyone had denied that fact that it was 3-1 and there wasnt long left.... just play the remaining minutes!

Advertisement