Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2008 PS3 Competition

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

what the whole thing went in the 85th minute and ye started again?.... if your winning a game in the last few mins and your 3-1 up i think a 3-1 win should stand..... or you can play the 5mins again!!...too far into a game in fairness.... only lagging connections were'nt going to count as what happened to me with spock and i quit it straight away to avoid any impending situation had we played until someone took a lead!.

Like you said, if the game is lagging it should be replayed. The first game was lagging very badly and i'd say that's why it disconnected. I would have quit but there no option to quit! The second game played ok, no problems.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Like you said, if the game is lagging it should be replayed. The first game was lagging very badly and i'd say that's why it disconnected. I would have quit but there no option to quit! The second game played ok, no problems.

ys it should be replayed but ya shpuld have quit straight away and stated that.... i didnt play on with spock to avoid any situation so just quit straight away before it went far.... ye played nearly the whole game and since it wasnt 0-0 theres no way the score should go back to 0-0 from 3-1...in the case of a score you start a new game and play what was left

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

The was barely any lag first game, and there was a little more second game, but nothing that made either game unplayable.

If the game lagged for you, you should have turned off and on, or held the ps button and hit quit game.

If you had asked me to play again i would have said no, you invited me for a game again so i just played it, nobody said it was "the" or "an" official game.

You pissing into the wind with your lame excuses, i dont care weather you connection went by accident, on purpose or legitimate issue with your broadband box, i was 3-1 up with 85 minutes gone. To think you get a full rematch because your connection stopped 95% of the way through is rediculous

If you want to play the 5 minutes fine, we can play that, i'll even double it to 10 minutes
    but if you honestly think you'll get 2 goals in 10 minutes from a cold start then play it, i honestly done believe that

a) you would have come back from 2 down with 5 min left
    b) that you will score 2 in the 10 minutes im offering

Patch is nearly here so we can move along then and there wont be any reason not too play our games!!....

heather you still alive?...... havent heard from anyone apart frm the 2 lads here(about there game)

Patch is nearly here so we can move along then and there wont be any reason not too play our games!!....

heather you still alive?...... havent heard from anyone apart frm the 2 lads here(about there game)

No sign of a patch. Could be waiting a while. Wanna continue with the league?

• Advertisement

sure where is everyone gone anyway?!.....only 3 who are still active around here is me, you and dion...... missing 4 players!. its awful annoying the amount who said they'd play and just didnt even post again after that:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Loyal-to-LFC

Ive been keeping an eye on the thread each day just didnt see the need to post as it looks dead in the water at the min. Ill still keep checking it though, for when it finally gets up and running. maybe when this patch is out then people will become more willing to play it.

stick me on your todo list Loyal LFC

if your online i'll gladly get that game out of the way.
    i dont mind waiting for patch if thats the more comfortable method

Newcastle 3 - 2 A.C Milan

Good game in the end

Cheers for the game gilberto

sure where is everyone gone anyway?!.....only 3 who are still active around here is me, you and dion...... missing 4 players!. its awful annoying the amount who said they'd play and just didnt even post again after that:mad:

I have an idea, why dont the 4 of us just start a new league and play regularly. There wouldnt be a problem with people not playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

im still up for the league but there really is not much point playin with the lag!!

There was a minor bit of lag in the game with me and gilberto but nothing that made the game unplayable

its slowly improving but until the patch i guess your right

updated score from my 1st game into league table...whats the story with the disconnected game?

lads sign up for that other league that the fella posted here.... only 4 more needed and none of ye are on it unless ye have changed your usernames..... sign-up for the site is needed to reg for the game doh
    http://www.gamezbox.com/index.php/topic,1408.msg6381.html#msg6381

updated score from my 1st game into league table...whats the story with the disconnected game?

lads sign up for that other league that the fella posted here.... only 4 more needed and none of ye are on it unless ye have changed your usernames..... sign-up for the site is needed to reg for the game doh
    http://www.gamezbox.com/index.php/topic,1408.msg6381.html#msg6381

Just give Dion the win, no point playing the last 10 mins.

I'm already playing in 2 pes leagues (if u include this one) so I dont have the time for a 3rd!
    So are we going to start playing this league again?

ok seems the patch is out now and we have 5 players who have remained active the entire time.... anyone else interested in playing now the problems seem to be sorted??.... commited players only we've had a lot of time-wasters thus far!!..... 6+ would be a nice little league!!

P992 and Heather ye still involved??

table updated

...played Spock there... 1st attempt while back was un-bareable....game there while not great was playable anyway, so there is a differance

P.S anyone up for a 2 v 2 sum time?... be good to get 4 players and have a few games!!

Good to see the league back up and running! Played about 6 games there online and all were perfect, They were all 3 green bars tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

my signal strength was only 65-70% yesterday sorry!!

i reset my router and i had 100% earlier so that mite help:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamie_jj69

Hi everyone,

I just got a PS3 along with PES2008 and have been trying to get online for sometime - however have had a lot of problems, similar to the ones addressed earlier in this thread.

I have 2Mb eircom broadband and I'll be changing my settings on it tonight so I can play online (at long last!!!)

Anyway, I see that you are all p1ssed at the players signed who havent shown up for games. Well if you're still needing players to join then I'd be happy to sign up for it.

Let me know if this will still be going ahead and I'll get it sorted.

Hope to hear from u all soon.

• Advertisement

im you get a problem where you cant connect to an online game ill help ya out, Eircom aswell and anyone on here whos had probs has been them too..... have you got you NAT from type 3 to a 2?..... if not gilberto-galway@hotmail.com ill talk ya through it will save ya HOURS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭jamie_jj69

hi gilberto_eire, yeah i had some problems alright. I have eircom 2Mb broadband. I got some pointers from the previous posts in this thread.

I checked my settings and have NAT3, i got onto my internet firewall settings and switched off the firewall. It warned me not to do this as I would no longer be protected. But I did it anyway and got connected no problems after that. I dont know how safe this is due to having no firewall, have any of you encountered problems by doing this?

Anyway, I played a few "Quick Matches" last night and the connectivity of the other players was awful. One game from 6 ran smoothly for me. I got fed up and logged off then.

I'd definitely be interested in getting set up in a mini league or tournament if they're still going ahead on here.

did you turn it off completly??.... no need too, just move it from MEDIUM to LOW still offers some protection

Hey, im thinkin of stating up a new pro ev league with a guy from AV Fourms. Im going to keep it quite small with people who log on regularly. gilberto, would you be interested? I see you put in the effort for the first league so you wouldnt miss a game. Also, spock and loyal?
    Anyone else who wants to join, please know that if you cant keep up with the fixtures you will be removed straight away.

ya of course i would!!.... serious players only of course!!.... im always playing online and would like to put a meaning to it!!..

hows everyone doing in ranking?.... my 3 profiles were in minus figures between 5-9 lossses more then wins for ages.... got one of them up to near 30+ wins now.... near 600 points...in division 1 now! :D
    just left the other 2 and use this one now!!,

ya of course i would!!.... serious players only of course!!.... im always playing online and would like to put a meaning to it!!..

hows everyone doing in ranking?.... my 3 profiles were in minus figures between 5-9 lossses more then wins for ages.... got one of them up to near 30+ wins now.... near 600 points...in division 1 now! :D
    just left the other 2 and use this one now!!,

I was up near 600 pts for a while but after a bad night I dropped down to about 550! They really are harsh with the points when u lose a game!
    Anyway, good to see ur on board gilberto. I'll keep u informed. Hopefully we can start next week or the week after.

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I was up near 600 pts for a while but after a bad night I dropped down to about 550! They really are harsh with the points when u lose a game!
    Anyway, good to see ur on board gilberto. I'll keep u informed. Hopefully we can start next week or the week after.

ya its a joke in fairness..... if you beat someone you get in general 6-8points when your near/over 600pts..... if you lose your looking at anything between 11-20 points!

saw a fella last night and he had 74 wins/ 75 losses and he had 550(or sumin like that) and another fella with 200 wins 100 losses and he has less then 500(494 or sumin) wheres the fairness in that??:confused:

Right we all know that there wasnt enough interest on here alone to get a tournament going, but i think PES RANKING is now a viable source at this stage!.

I tried using it back when the game was released but there was people setting up tournies with no time frame, rules, joining and no intention of been online etc..... seems most of them have came up with a system and generally things are running smoother. i registered for a tournament 2nite. i think this will interest a few of the lads who were commited here....after all its only so much fun winning ranking matches. especially when you start climbing up the ladder when the system gets unfair( 7-8 points for a win, 12-16 for a loss :mad:)

Advertisement