Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some info lads

Options
  • 28-10-2007 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

im trading my rem .223 for a steyr mannlicher .243, now i know this is a deer round i only want to use it on Fox's if i bring my license down to the local station and get the guard to sing and stamp it will that be ok ?? or will i have to reapply ? and if i do get a stamp could they come back after a couple of months and make me reapply??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Bigger calibre - new application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GilGrissom

I have been told that this business of altering licences in the front office of stations is highly dubious activity. I was told this by the local sargegent. It is certainly not policy in my district. All alterations must be approved by the super.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

hardly a straight swap. "Bigger calibre". Be careful, you may have to have a deer licience for a 243. be stunned if they give it to you to shoot foxes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

hardly a straight swap. "Bigger calibre". Be careful, you may have to have a deer licience for a 243. be stunned if they give it to you to shoot foxes

i know but its worth a shot, but i got the stamp for the .223 from a hornet.

hornet to 223, supposed to be a reapply too....i'd quit while I was ahead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'm puzzled as to why you need to go from a .223 up to a .243 tu just shoot foxes?

I doubt you'll get the .243 for just fox, or get a straight swop.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

just got a .243 Steyr about a month back. To date very happy with it. Hope to use it for foxing as well as deer - not sure about the legal side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bogteal

you will not get it, till you get deer licence give it a shot any way what have you to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

3 months of silence?

ill try if i have to reapply ill go back to .223, altho im not happy with it at all.

• Advertisement

pm. wrote: »
    altho im not happy with it at all.

try 17 rem, 204 ruger, 220 swift ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭ranger4

Doint need a deer permit for 243 cal if you state you are shooting paper, Fine rifle the styer and extreamly accurate, my friends one used to shoot the 95g nosler bal tip and at 200y would often shoot clover leaf sized groups nearly as accurate as my LRS2:)

Guess what ???????????????

give us a clue ????????????????????

ranger4 wrote: »
    Doint need a deer permit for 243 cal if you state you are shooting paper, Fine rifle the styer and extreamly accurate, my friends one used to shoot the 95g nosler bal tip and at 200y would often shoot clover leaf sized groups nearly as accurate as my LRS2:)

I would imagine stating won't carry much weight, membership of an authorised club might;)

give us a clue ????????????????????

i feel :D:D:D:D:D

i feel :D:D:D:D:D

Have a sleep, you'll feel better in morning :D

Have a sleep, you'll feel better in morning :D

lol, i got the stamp, now the thing is once i have the stamp could i be made reapply in a couple of moths ??

The problem more than likely will be at the next renewal in July 2008, the renewal notice will still have the old gun on it and you will have to go about ammending it again. Then repeat process every 12 months. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

i know but its worth a shot, but i got the stamp for the .223 from a hornet.

Same here but that was because they were of the same calibre group. .243 is a bigger calibre thus new application (so my FO tells me) Fair play for getting it though......

TJ911...

• Advertisement

lol, i got the stamp, now the thing is once i have the stamp could i be made reapply in a couple of moths ??

Congrats, but .........................

I had the exact same experience about two years ago, licence was returned from either Super or Dublin, and I was told I couldn't have a 243, and I was a member of MRC at the time too. Had to sell the rifle again !

Beware :(

Congrats, but .........................

I had the exact same experience about two years ago, licence was returned from either Super or Dublin, and I was told I couldn't have a 243, and I was a member of MRC at the time too. Had to sell the rifle again !

Beware :(

thats what im afraid of:(

I would suggest live for the moment. You may be lucky.

Enjoy :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

well i traded my cz 243 for a nearly new still under garantee sako 243 as the lad tried the same stamping the fac at the counter crack and found himself having to hand back the gun to the dealer so mind your money and go about it proper

Is the super not aware when you go to get your cert altered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Is the super not aware when you go to get your cert altered?

super is saposed to be the only person to aprove any large calibre rifle as far as i know as firearms officer told me that my larger rifles for deer shooting and target shooting would have to be aproved by him

Advertisement