Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Of A Sudden My D/l with BT Has Been Halved Here In Clare

Options
  • 28-10-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭

I use a netgear router and occasionally it drops out so today I noticed my d/l spped has been halved from 3072 to 1664.
    I am in ENNIS and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Can BT just change it without even telling me?

gb--

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Show us your line stats. Do you have anything like a sky box plugged into phoneline?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭swoofer

all I have got is a fax sharing line and a few extensions, its only today speed has changed, when you say line stats what exactly do you mean?

thanks for reply

gb--

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Bt wouldn't have done anything. It's most likely something thats gone wrong with your phone line and the modem is syncing at the best speed possible.

It could be anything from a waterlogged junction box (have you had a lot of rain today?) to a faulty filter. Disconnect everything from the phone sockets, plug the modem directly into the socket without a filter and reboot it. Check your speeds again.

Btw, you can get your line stats by accessing your modem. They could be on the same page where you checked your speed. The figures of interest are attenuation and SNR or SN Margin.

Advertisement