Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving at Cong Caves, Co Galway / Mayo

• 28-10-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever dived in the Cong caves? There was a write up about it in SubSea before, would love to know where the caves are out of sheer curiousity. I walk around there quite a bit and i'm trying to think where the divers enter.

Lovely spot for walking/cycing/horseriding/dirt-biking ... and even diving! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭smcmullan

Martyn Farr ran cave diving courses there in the past - www.farrworld.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

A mate of mine did the OHE/Cavern course with Martyn in Cong last year. He highly recommended it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What qualifications did the diver have? (Not the guy running it, the guy tagging along)

I'm a CMAS Trainee diver *, currently clocking up my dives for club diver **

I wouldn't mind paying to be brought on a dive like that, it'd be nuts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭smcmullan

You'd have to do a course. Nobody is going to guide you into a cave on a one-off basis. Check out the details on the website but in a nutshell to be eligible to go on such a course you would need to be:

Prerequisites:
    CMAS Two Star
    PADI Advanced Open Water
    BSAC Sports Diver
    A minimum of 50 logged dives in UK/British waters
    Minimum age 18 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Thank's for that I should have opened my eyes more!

I figured a CMAS * would still be a bit too novice. I'll wait until I get my CMAS ** and try contacting the guy

• Advertisement
Advertisement