Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rally Ireland WRC Stage Maps

• 28-10-2007 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

Anyone have the actual stage maps (not the general one on the official site) for the WRC stages yet or know where they can be got?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

they cant be got yet..... they dont want too many people on the roads doing recees. you wil se the program out in a week id say....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thanks. Figured that alright. Just thought someone might have a sneak preview.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Will the programs be on sale all over the country or just around the Sligo area?
    It would be nice to be able to see the exact routes so I can plan where to go and watch.

edit: Here is some details of the stage that i just found http://www.rallyireland.org/spectators/maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

there are now some more detailed maps on the website, not the overview maps that were there before, routes are now visable, but only the main roads are marked, roads used for the stages are not

http://www.rallyireland.org/spectators/maps

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭bf1

For anyone who may be spectating for the first time, they have some sound advice here: http://www.rallyireland.org/spectators/viewing-tips

Essentials : Warm clothes, Wellies, Woolie hat of choice, some grub, Flashlight, maybe leave some dry clothes in the car should you need them when you get back ect.

Remember to be careful when it comes to crossing fields (barbed wire, boggeyness and the like so try to remember the tricky spots)

It will be getting dark for some runners down the field for some of the stages so do bring some thing that might be a source of heat but I wouldn't reccomend lighting fires..

P.S Foldable seats are great :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

bf1 wrote: »
    For anyone who may be spectating for the first time, they have some sound advice here: http://www.rallyireland.org/spectators/viewing-tips

Essentials : Warm clothes, Wellies, Woolie hat of choice, some grub, Flashlight, maybe leave some dry clothes in the car should you need them when you get back ect.

Remember to be careful when it comes to crossing fields (barbed wire, boggeyness and the like so try to remember the tricky spots)

It will be getting dark for some runners down the field for some of the stages so do bring some thing that might be a source of heat but I wouldn't reccomend lighting fires..

P.S Foldable seats are great :)

Edit: to anyone who knows the area, which stage on day 1 would you recommend to go view....from the locations on the map and the fact we'll be coming from Dublin. (I know some have 2 runs, so I'd expect one of them?)

Thanks for the advice :)
    I want to go down with a couple of friends to watch and get a lot of photos (will have my tripod etc with me :) )
    We'll probably only take 1 car over for the lot of us, do they have special parking zones or will it just be a park on adjacent roads deal?

I have foldy tripod seats :) I knew freebie seat would come in handy soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Its usually just park athe the side of a nearby road kinda thing. There might be fields set aside for parking near some of the designated spectator areas (I would avoid these areas because they are usually jam packed and you wont see much)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

lafors wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice :)
    I want to go down with a couple of friends to watch and get a lot of photos (will have my tripod etc with me :) )
    We'll probably only take 1 car over for the lot of us, do they have special parking zones or will it just be a park on adjacent roads deal?

I have foldy tripod seats :) I knew freebie seat would come in handy soon :)

Just a word of advice lafors, the organisers are going to be so stringent on spectator control that you'll be lucky if you get room to set up your tripod. By all means bring it with you but be prepared for a major scrum for plum spectating positions. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭sticky9cd

i have the detailed maps in the sligo area because I live on one of the stages - I also have the garda map which is printed on A0(i think- its massive) - Though I cant post it up cause its a pritned out- unless i scanned :D - might do it at the weekend for ye-

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Parking around the stages wont be easy and it will be first come first served. Some areas there will be towing in operation if you park in an area that is not for parking. Keep checking the website as updates are being added every day. Park and Ride schemes etc have been set up. I think it is crap the programme is only avalible one day before the Rally. They want to keep roads clear etc let people know the stages so they can plan ahead. I entend to take my bike and cycle to the stages if need be. Looking forward to the SS in Belfast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eevoo

sticky9cd wrote: »
    i have the detailed maps in the sligo area because I live on one of the stages - I also have the garda map which is printed on A0(i think- its massive) - Though I cant post it up cause its a pritned out- unless i scanned :D - might do it at the weekend for ye-
    Sticky9cd - I would be eternally grateful if you could post scans of your maps - I'm coming from the USA and won't be there until mid-day on Sat. I will be screwed already driving on the left, not to mention being hopelessly lost ;-)

Now everybody sing "IT'S RALLY IRELAND TIME... ITS RALLY IRELAND TIME!!!"

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=656&product=164607&sid=2737635&partner=355&re

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

sticky9cd wrote: »

Jaysas scan them maps and send us a link..good man...dont hould out on us..sure isn't dat what the inter-web is for..!! Thanks.

(Lookin forward to seeing the wrc cars flying around the sligo bends at warp 10 and me hangin out ou a wet bush and one sock wetter than the other...pure theraputic stuff):D

Detailed Stage maps now Available from Rally Ireland Website. The site was only updated with these. You can zoom right into each stage and see ways into the middle of stages etc

They are around 9mb Each in pdf format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

MREGAN wrote: »
    Detailed Stage maps now Available from Rally Ireland Website. The site was only updated with these. You can zoom right into each stage and see ways into the middle of stages etc

They are around 9mb Each in pdf format.

Well spotted MR, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Car Chick

I can't print off the more detailed maps, anyone else having this problem???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

ya cant they are copy writed so they have them protected...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

press the alt key and then the print screen key on your keyboard

then open up word or mspaint and paste it in there

then you can print it off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Car Chick

AdrianII wrote: »
    press the alt key and then the print screen key on your keyboard

then open up word or mspaint and paste it in there

then you can print it off :D

Thanks a million! Should have thought of that!! Enjoy the rally!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i had no problem printing them to a dell laser printer (32mb 24 page per min) might be your printer cant cope with the size ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mickeyt46

Try google earth. Someone has actually traced out the map on it. . . . at this url: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=1050298&t=k&om=1

• Advertisement

World Rally Ireland Coverage as below:
    RTÉ Sport's Live Schedule:
    Thursday 15 November:
    Live from Stormont 6.30pm - 7.55pm

Friday 16 November:
    Live from Sligo 2.30pm - 3pm & 8pm - 9pm

Saturday 17 November:
    Live from Sligo 1.30pm - 2pm & 8pm - 9pm

Sunday 18 November:
    Live from Mullaghmore 1pm - 2pm