Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too many good games

Options
  • 28-10-2007 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

So we bitch about **** games forever and now we pay for it.

Atm i have Metroid, Zelda, bioshock to finish.

others out like COH OF, ETQW which i have neglected, orange box which i avoided but want so bad :(

just got PES and now have res evil UC, UT3, Cod4, Crysis, mass effect and many many others to get :confused:

Its never been this good :(:):confused:

kdjac

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Get The Orange Box, Bioshock now! I order you to!

And Crysis, COD4 and UT3 when they come out.

I will have you broke by the end of the year!:D

But yes...2007 has been a good year for gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Excellent year, if Gears of War makes it out for the PC before 2008, BEST YEAR EVER!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Get The Orange Box, Bioshock now! I order you to!

dont get bioshock...it really sucks, most repetitive game ever.

but ya, UT3, cod4, hl2, and now crysis .....nice!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

he already has it.

tbh i thought bioshock (system shock clone) wasn't that great, well certainly not worth all the huge reviews it was getting exactly the same goes for halo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Get orange box and play portal at least. It will only take one evening and it will be the best evening of gaming you spend all year.

True that there's way too many good titles at this time of year though. There's a whole bunch of games like Bladestorm and Skate which I really enjoyed demos of but there's no chance I'd buy them because of all the big hitters being out at the same time.

• Advertisement

ye all like portal???...really?....

i gave it a go (only for like 5 mins on the first level), confused me. WTF is it anywayz?.... ya put a ball here, a portal opens...you go thru.....you win....yey...?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

KdjaCL wrote: »
    So we bitch about **** games forever and now we pay for it.

Atm i have Metroid, Zelda, bioshock to finish.

others out like COH OF, ETQW which i have neglected, orange box which i avoided but want so bad :(

just got PES and now have res evil UC, UT3, Cod4, Crysis, mass effect and many many others to get :confused:

Its never been this good :(:):confused:

kdjac

Oh jesus dont talk to me about games,after having a quiet month in october,november looks to be a buzy month as there are a hell of a lot of games that I want,some of the titles I'll be purchasing next month are as follows:

age of empire:the asian dynasties(3rd expansion)
    call of duty 4:modern warfare
    crysis
    empire earth 3
    fear: persus mandath (excuse the spelling:o)
    supreme commander:foraged alliance
    timeshift
    blacksite:area51 (maybe :P)

I think thats all I plan on buying for the rest of this year :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

If anyones interested in not spending money and have HL2 then i suggest you look up the mods that have been created from it. There are some really good ones out there. Some are back in the time when there was speculation what would happen (before episode 1) They're all free too.

I thank Cremo for his generous gift again and wish to express my disapointment of lack of support for DX9 shader model 2 cards. I want to play all these cool ass games. I needs me a new graphics card. Damn you all to hell.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

ye all like portal???...really?....

i gave it a go (only for like 5 mins on the first level), confused me. WTF is it anywayz?.... ya put a ball here, a portal opens...you go thru.....you win....yey...?

Oh dear...

Its 3 hours of the best, funniest gaming you will have for a long time..

Play it now!

conzymaher wrote: »
    Oh dear...

Its 3 hours of the best, funniest gaming you will have for a long time..

Play it now!

i kept goin to like 14 or 15 or sumthin....sorry man, but thats jus irritating and boring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I was considering getting an Xbox 360 when the CPU revision is released, but now I think i'm going to stick with PC until i've exhausted my backlog. I've also pretty much given up on demos as I have far too many full games i've yet to play or finish.

Its kind of annoying actually because there are some games i'd like to savour and play for a few weeks. But by the time i've blitzed through it once a new game is out so I just move onto that. I never seem to make it back to playing the other game again.

Also, I used to love getting into the multiplayer aspect of the game, but now I end up not bothering as a new single player game is released pretty much as soon as i've finished.

I'd dread to think how long the backlog of games is for people who PC and console game.

Life was so much easier when I only liked one genre (i.e. FPS) :(

EDIT:
    i kept goin to like 14 or 15 or sumthin....sorry man, but thats jus irritating and boring

hmm... you'd get up to level 15 in like 40 minutes. I'd always give a game at least 2 hours before calling it quits. This game really gets you in the last act so I wouldn't give up on it until you've completed it. The whole game is only about 2 hours long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I agree, too many good games out, it's an expensive hobby :(

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

your not even 1/3 through the game................

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Never mind all that I only got prince of Persia sands of time today.

I have far much to be playing before I touch any of them shiny new ones!

my back catalogue of must play is getting slightly embarrassing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Tell me about it!
    And to make matters worse, I decided to give Ninja Gaiden Black a proper go recently, and have fallen head over heels with that.
    I've limited myself to only playing Metroid Prime 3 and that until I complete both of them, but it feels like I'm cheating on the other one whenever I play one of them:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

suppose ye can throw in football manager 2008 into that as well.

can't wait to get my mitts on it:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Cremo wrote: »
    he already has it.

tbh i thought bioshock (system shock clone) wasn't that great, well certainly not worth all the huge reviews it was getting exactly the same goes for halo 3.

Well I certainly don't think it was worth all the hype - fun all the same.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

for me this is the most enjoyable year of gaming since the snes days were at their peak way back in 92/93!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There really is far too many good games out now. The 360 has a must have title at least once a month. It's such a great console. I hated the original xbox, for me it was the worst console I ever bought bu the 360 is fantastic. Now the Wii is getting some excellent games and at some point the PS3 might :rolleyes:

Still I've always had far too many games to play now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

suppose ye can throw in football manager 2008 into that as well.

can't wait to get my mitts on it:)

From what i've heard of it, it's got very very little extra than the last one, prob best to save your cash for something else :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Theres just too many. What we need is a place you go and pay for the memories of playing all these games, ya know like that Recall place in Total Recall. Imagine, if you could go and get the memories of playing the entire Orange Box, Bioshock and Guitar Hero 3 in the same week + you could play them all with a hot blonde on your lap or as a secret agent.

"Isn't that worth a measly 300 credits!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Orange box!!!! Get it now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

It is true that its been one hell of a year for gaming but the fact that my 360 decided to pack it in just as Mass Effect went gold irritates me hugely. They had better get it back to me before it comes out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, the next few weeks are going to be pretty pricey. Worse for me though is that every time I look at my game shelf, I see all these PS2 games that I want to play, but the save games are on my old PS2 memory card and I don't want to spring for a conversion thingy so I'm going to have to play these games from scratch again (Ico, Colossus, God of War 2, GTA Vice City Stories, Katamari and Okami). It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it :D

see thats why im not a fan of consoles....ya have to buy games for them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Damn right

Before bioshock, the last good game I bought was Hitman:blood money
    That was some dry spell. A bunch of my mates have formed a pact to buy 1/2 different games each and then swap when finished, its a Great idea, considering the cost.

see thats why im not a fan of consoles....ya have to buy games for them :rolleyes:
    neither here nor there, but you don't have to buy console games either.

Cremo wrote: »
    neither here nor there, but you don't have to buy console games either.

copyright infringment is BAAAAAAAD ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

generally how it works, someone makes a good game you buy it therefore they make another.

I know its a hard concept to grasp.

kdjac

• Advertisement

copyright infringment is BAAAAAAAD ;)
    funny i was thinking more along the lines of going to the local xtra vision.

Advertisement