Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hudd not up to the job

Options
  • 28-10-2007 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Huddlestone was rubbish today dont rate him and dont think he will progress any further.Cant wait for ledders to come back, so kaboul can be tried in midfield perhaps because he certainly doesnt want to defend!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Long term there is not a chance in hell of Ramos having Hudd in the centre. Only in there because we have no-one else who can pass a ball more than 5 yards. Great passer when he's on his game but even when he is he is just too immobile for me.

Kaboul certainly looks to be midfield material. Ramon Vega in his unwillingness to stay back and actually defend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭cxcully

Yeah,he's been disappointing....probably the most disappointing because of the potential there....I think genuinely great players play well even when their team is on a bad run.But he's still young and I hope Ramos doesn't discard him without giving him a lash....his confidence must be shot.
    I just can't understand how he's so SLOW.Opposition players have copped on and he's mistiming tackles frequently.At first I thought it was a languid style but it ain't so.What I do like about him is that he's one of the few young British players who actually play the game in the right way and look up and try and pass the ball calmly when they get it.
    Wishful thinking I know but Le Tiss wasn't reknowned for his pace....100+ PL goals.....30 goals from midfield in 93-94 for a struggling Southampton side....aahh maybe he just isn't that good.Is there any precedent by which a previously slow player was coached to gain a few extra yards (?Fat Frank)....or perhaps it's a simple case of cutting down on the pies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Dont know why jol didn't give hudd a go at centre back,can't be much worse than the two thet are there allready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I haven't and never will see the potential some of the people on this site see in Hudd - he is a decent and honest lad, but just not premiership material. Loan him out somewhere for a year and see how he gets on! Hasta!!;)

Advertisement