Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 2008 (ps2)

Options
  • 28-10-2007 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

So whats the story with the negativity out there regarding PES 08 on the PS2?Don't mean to talk ****e :D

It seems like 99 percent of reviews/rants moan about "betrayal" and being ripped off ect.But what do you expect from a game in a next generation limbo?
    The PS3 version is a template for any future progress,and reading reviews of that,it seems somewhat incomplete,slowdown ect,which aint convenient for the PES fan or Konami to wait maybe 2 years and release the "perfect game".Evolution means incremental change,mistakes,feedback,improved game over 5 years.PES is unique in that it has gained a degree of mass appeal(like FIFA always had),while orginally having a reputation of being true to football fans.The problem for Konami seems to be managing people's expectations in relation to the game,in a year when it gets complete next gen release.

I'm surprised the amount of people going nuts cos u cant dive ect in the ps2 version,I think the gamplay is great,a little slower but more realistic,I thought pes 6 was a tad fast.Shooting and heading seems spot on,u dont head 12 feet over the bar anymore.
    Graphics;wasn't expecting any different,but while they dont match the next gen quality,they do the job.Loads of people moaning that lots of stadia arent there;all the previous ones are bar Old trafford(crap) and Highbury.
    I particulary enjoyed scoring a 83rd min header for Israel away to France to get a 2-2 draw,(qualification fell apart after that,ending in a humbling 5-3 defeat to Andorra a la Stan!)
    The commentary is a major improvement,even with Lawrenson,does he call Ireland/England "we "in the game tho?!It seems lively and in touch with the pace of the game.Menus,well,prob take a while to get used to(why luminous yellow in the masters league?),tho overall the pimped up colour scheme looks much better that pes 4/5/6.
    Teams are good,I like the variety of teams,wouldnt be too mad on the world tour mode,and appeal of playing with Ireland against cyprus in a qualifier is eh...
    The AI defo seems to have been upgraded somewhat,not sure its the same as the Teamvision tho,it's very easy to get caught out on the break if youre weak in defence,or generally crap at defending like me,keepers are better,tho dont like the packie bonner italy 90 parry for schlacci style shotstopping.dont bring you keeper out too early in 1 on 1's,that cost me :)/There seems to be an em[hasis on getting bodies behind the ball when ur opponent has possesion,so you can end up with players throwing their arses in front of shots a la Paul McGrath
    Atacking is fun if you have the players,alot slower and you really gotta play the right ball,a thru ball up the wing no longer works automatically,passing is tricky in general,again i think this will take time to get to grips with.

Give the game time,lots of bad reviews appeared after pes 6,people need to realign their expectations with reality,how naieve must you be to say the ps2 version is bad and your going to spend 500 on a ps3,when that version clearlyhas had teething problems?PES is about gameplay,experience ect,playing with your mates,getting beat by Andorra,whatever,enjoy it,above all,if you dont like it you don't have to play it,but dont moan that you cant pull shirts or do this or that.Certainly don't buy a ps3 on the basis of what you cant do on a ps2 your expectations will probably be too high.Most of all enjoy the game for what it is :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

You go girl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I actually think that PES 2008 is a bigger improvement and is more changed compared to PES 6 than PES 6 was to PES 5.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

So i should upgrade from last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

It's only 35 euro in HMV on Grafton St so if you have a bit of spare cash it's worth giving it a go I think but by the same token it's not completely different so it's up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 andymcp16

okay i dont think that the gameplay has changed much but i am enjoying the world tour challanges. I think the players look worse and less like their real life conterparts than in pes 6. loved the addition of lone ranger goal cos i love rifflin the shots in and now my mate who made little of my long range goals will have to try and do it himself. needless to say i got the 35m goal after about 20 long range shots wit ronaldo

• Advertisement
Advertisement