Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I refused to sell a Yorkie to a girl today.

• 29-10-2007 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

She cried. Was I right?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Dead right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Binomate wrote: »
    She cried. Was I right?

Totally.. What a stupid bitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Did you give her your Turkish Delight instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

f*uckin slag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

f*uckin slag
    That's a bit harsh don't you think? She was only about 10.

• Advertisement

That's a bit harsh don't you think? She was only about 10.

No. Its only a pity you didn't give her a headbutt over the counter!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A certain CS mod was telling me the story of how he made a 10 year old girl cry the other day at work because MySims said €19.99 and was actually like 40 quid or something. I laughed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The milk of human kindness is split all over the floor and I have'nt got a damp rag.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Orange69 wrote: »
    No. Its only a pity you didn't give her a headbutt over the counter!
    Yeah, you're right. I probably should have given her a good aul cunt punt out of the shop as well. Absolute cheek asking for a man's chocolate bar like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

She cried. Was I right?

You legend!
    Dem wimmens have had it too easy for too long, it's a mans bar, and I'll be damned if I let a woman have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You evil bastard - she couldve been buying it for her brother! you monster!

or not :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Was it one with the competition to give away a spa weekend? I'm just saying that I can see where the confusion could come from on her part...

I mean, had Cadbury's Flake been doing a competition giving away a weekend mountainbiking in the rockies - then I might* have been swayed to buy one.

Other than that, she deserved a good twat on the headfor even considering the purchase.

* Note that I said might ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It states clearly on the wrapper that it's not for girls, therefore by law you could not sell it to her.*

*Exception to rule: A female may buy a Yorkie if she is over 17 and accompanied by a male who has been a Yorkie-eater for two years or more. If said female has proof that this is her second time to attempt to buy the Yorkie then she may buy it alone. However, all 3rd and subsequent attempts to purchase a Yorkie are forbidden unless she is again accompanied by a male who has been a Yorkie-eater for 2 years or more. Said female must remember not to use her mobile phone during the transaction, and is advised that any attempt to break the above rules will result in a court appearance and a fine, and is asked to consider the following: 'Can you live with the shame?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

It states clearly on the wrapper that it's not for girls, therefore by law you could not sell it to her.*

*Exception to rule: A female may buy a Yorkie if she is over 17 and accompanied by a male who has been a Yorkie-eater for two years or more. If said female has proof that this is her second time to attempt to buy the Yorkie then she may buy it alone. However, all 3rd and subsequent attempts to purchase a Yorkie are forbidden unless she is again accompanied by a male who has been a Yorkie-eater for 2 years or more. Said female must remember not to use her mobile phone during the transaction, and is advised that any attempt to break the above rules will result in a court appearance and a fine, and is asked to consider the following: 'Can you live with the shame?'

Hahaha... Fair play mate.. Ill keep a look out in work for these dirt bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

It's a f**king bar of chocolate by the way. Relax.

Chocolate is sh1te anyway. I prefer rare steak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Yeah, you're right. I probably should have given her a good aul cunt punt out of the shop as well. Absolute cheek asking for a man's chocolate bar like that.

OMG, I've just realised that you meant Yorkie as in the chocolate bar, not Yorkie as in Yorkshire Terrier. I'm a girl and I've eaten yorkies in the past and have come to the conclusion that the reason girls don't seem to eat them is because they're s**t!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I like Yorkshire Terriers but I don't think I could eat a whole one.

Agree about the Yorkie chocolate. It's cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

It jumped the shark with the spa weekend giveaway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Was it a regular Yorkie or the honeycomb one? or..whatever the other one is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Classic :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Demonique wrote: »
    OMG, I've just realised that you meant Yorkie as in the chocolate bar, not Yorkie as in Yorkshire Terrier. I'm a girl and I've eaten yorkies in the past and have come to the conclusion that the reason girls don't seem to eat them is because they're s**t!

well you are clearly retarded, yorkie bars are made of win

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Keep up tghe good work. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Dead right. I applaud you sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

if you refused to sell me a yorkie I'd be forced to beat you down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Some wimin are allowed to buy yorkie bars.

They're known as dykes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Raisin and biscuit FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Gents im afraid that the old "Its not for girls " slogan has been removed and the bar now advertises a competition for a spa weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Gents im afraid that the old "Its not for girls " slogan has been removed and the bar now advertises a competition for a spa weekend

goddamn it, is nothing sacred these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Now it's for men who act like girls.

To the sspa, boys. Ooh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Maybe it's a manly spa you get to go to. Instead of getting massaged with nice oils and stuff, they rub you down with a mixture of iron filings and sawdust, then powerhose you down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

No.

phasers wrote: »
    if you refused to sell me a yorkie I'd be forced to beat you down

With every yorkie delivery they get a tazer gun for the likes of you.. wannabe men.. We don't blame you but your still wont be getting any yorkie..
    Varkov wrote: »

They're known as dykes.

Actually here at nestle we prefer to call them lezzers.
    Firetrap wrote: »
    Maybe it's a manly spa you get to go to. Instead of getting massaged with nice oils and stuff, they rub you down with a mixture of iron filings and sawdust, then powerhose you down.

If you read the fine print on the back it says that the spa weekend is actually a two day trip to a whorehouse in Athlone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Yorkies taste like teh cooking chocolate. The raisin & biscuit are a bit better but not much. They are only fit for melting down to make rice krispie buns.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

yorkies are for boys. Real men eat double deckers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Lion bars are clearly the manliest bar out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I reckon the girl had the last laugh, she probably earns more money per hour babysitting than you do stacking shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

where do Snickers come in the manliness?

(I do like the honeycomb Yorkie.... but as a girl I shouldn't eat them - have you seen the fat content?? lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Demonique wrote: »
    I'm a girl and I've eaten yorkies in the past

Thats disgraceful. Someone should call the guards

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm homing in on her using her IP address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

As a card carrying feminist I do feel compelled to point out that your actions were insufficiently counterhegemonic and support the culturally ingrained notions of gender that cause both womyn and men to be bound into stereotyped modes of behaviour that are to the detriment of all genders.

However, as Andrea Dworkin may or may not have said, "I LOL'd".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

She cried. Was I right?

you are a funny, funny guy :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Conor108 wrote: »
    Thats disgraceful. Someone should call the guards

I was going to say that maybe she fulfilled the requirements:

But seeing as she's blatently admitting it in a 'Whatya gonna do bout it??' kinda way, go for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If she comes back, there are some good tips for bringing the pain here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Kold wrote: »
    Lion bars are clearly the manliest bar out there.

Get out that garden will ye! It looks like a big warty black mans langer. Or maybe a white mans if he had a choccie condom on!!

Snickers is yer only man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

good stuff op, the stupid bint deserved a slap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

If she comes back, there are some good tips for bringing the pain here

Thanks for the laugh. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Then someone should definitely call the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jigsaw wrote: »
    It's a f**king bar of chocolate by the way. Relax.

Chocolate is sh1te anyway. I prefer rare steak.

Yes cause it's one or the other, I love those rare steaks they sell at Spar.
    Varkov wrote: »

They're known as dykes.

lol! out them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

Yorkies are nasty....you boys can keep them. That campaign was so funny though. Chocolate thats nice....wispas, double deckers, snickers and malteasers. Oh and m&ms

I prefer savory food though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Yorkies are nasty....you boys can keep them. That campaign was so funny though. Chocolate thats nice....wispas, double deckers, snickers and malteasers. Oh and m&ms

I prefer savory food though

:rolleyes: Yorkies are far Superior to double deckers, snickers and malteasers.

It's a coin flip between yorkies and wispas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement