Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Black Tax Disk / Insurance Cert Holder

Options
  • 29-10-2007 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

anyone know where i can get a black unbranded (no garage name etc) tax disk and insurance cert holder in dublin, the only ones i can find are white and I really want a black one as it is far less obtrusive to look at from inside the car. I bought one years ago in a garage somewhere cant for the life of me remember where. So if anyone knows where i can get one it would be much appreciated, preferably in Dublin.

thanking you in advance

Thump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Vagdrivers.net have them.with there logo but log onto the site and contact trevor he can help you.He might just have plain black ones.I got the vag drivers one last week and there really nice and good quality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can get them in the car shop in omni shopping centre, there not the usually stick on ones, they have a little hinge thing and are really easy to fit the discs into,., they have them in white and black., i got the black ones a few months ago and the bloke from autoglass threw them away when he replaced my windscreen:( then he put these horrible white ones in with autoglass advertisement on them.,

Does anyone know Where's the best place to get chrome surrounds for reg plates in south Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

OP, the petrol station on the navan road have them - ie, the two essos accross from each other on the dual carriage way beside castleknock.

Also the texaco garage behind the blanchardstown corporate park have them. *

Well they did last time i was there and thats where i got mine. (completley black and no logos .. they look much tidier inside the car)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

drdre wrote: »
    Does anyone know Where's the best place to get chrome surrounds for reg plates in south Dublin?

Halfords do them.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Halfords do them.

I went to halfords in carrickmines and they dont have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

C_Breeze wrote: »
    OP, the petrol station on the navan road have them - ie, the two essos accross from each other on the dual carriage way beside castleknock.

Also the texaco garage behind the blanchardstown corporate park have them. *

Well they did last time i was there and thats where i got mine. (completley black and no logos .. they look much tidier inside the car)

Agreed. Especially as the rest of the car is black too (as mine is). I got mine in Halfords Coolock but it's nice to know of a few more sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

drdre wrote: »
    I went to halfords in carrickmines and they dont have them.

They had them in Liffey Valley last week.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They had them in Liffey Valley last week.

Alright thanks,I wont be going out to liffey valley.I would but the traffic puts me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

The Texaco near me on Rochestown Avenue had them too - maybe Texaco in general stock them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Do the windscreen holders have space for the 3 discs? Tax, Ins & NCT?

cjt156 wrote: »
    Do the windscreen holders have space for the 3 discs? Tax, Ins & NCT?

Yeah, and the 3 sector is detachable so you can just pull it off if you only need the 2 (ie if its a new car and doesnt need nct)

Yeah, and the 3 sector is detachable so you can just pull it off if you only need the 2 (ie if its a new car and doesnt need nct)

Thanks for that; I forsee a little purchase in the near future.

Thanks for that; I forsee a little purchase in the near future.

Think it through first, you dont want to regret it later. Its a big step

Think it through first, you dont want to regret it later. Its a big step

We can discuss this later at therapy; are you still attending the group sessions?

We can discuss this later at therapy; are you still attending the group sessions?
    What the ' , Who told you!!

What the ' , Who told you!!

Oh, we all discussed your issues while you were at the "Confronting your Paranoia" workshop.

Advertisement