Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Official Cyber Sunday Thread (spoilers within)

• 29-10-2007 1:51am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Cyber Sunday starts in a few minutes and as its on Sky Sports so i expect quite a few of us to be watching this one live. this is a place to post all cyber sunday results and opinions so dont read any more posts here if you dont want to see spoilers.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

dang assumed this was starting at 1am as usual not 12 thankfully i only missed one decent match Finlay vs Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Thoughts of the ppv so far??

Thought it was gonna be a steel cage for definate for HHH vs. Umaga....

Same here and was convinced people would vote for Shillaghly(sp) on a pole earlier. So far not impressed at all though i missed the stretcher match. Street fight could be good though and the cage could still be used

Same here and was convinced people would vote for Shillaghly(sp) on a pole earlier. So far not impressed at all though i missed the stretcher match. Street fight could be good though and the cage could still be used

Yeah, thought it would be that stipulation too...they seem to have ended up using all three stipulations though lol

the cage could still be used
    wishful thinking i guess, seems a waste though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Ah jazus, was clearly Layla!

Tauren wrote: »
    Ah jazus, was clearly Layla!

really how could they, thats ruined the entire PPV for me ;)

I think a simple :rolleyes: will do on my behalf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,341 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Meh...

Not a single result going against the grain.

Rubbish.

No Jericho appearence either.

Bugger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭scrawnban

whats the crack with no y2j?

• Advertisement

pity Cyber Sunday is a great chance to really throw something out of left field and have a shock new champ or something, but not this year. It is rare for someone to cleanly go over Taker though.

o well atleast Jericho's return on Raw tommorow to look forward to (please actually happen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I found this PPV very much a 'hit and miss' affair. I don't have many problems with the wrestling that was on offer but there were some bad finishes to several of the matches which left a sour taste in my mouth.

I liked the opener between Finlay and Rey. I was a bit surprised that the stretcher match won the vote but I thought both men did a good job with a fairly dull concept.

The match between Miz and Punk was quite bad and they didn't seem to have any chemistry. I think Punk is a lucky man that Miz won the vote as I'm sure if either Morrisson or Big Daddy V had won the vote then there would have been a new champion.

Jeff vs Kennedy was a fun little match but I thought the finish was a joke. Jeff has been awesome of late and Kennedy has looked very poor and yet they decide that Kennedy should be the one to go over? Senseless booking. I wouldn't have minded the finish too much had it been a cleverly booked one but it just made Jeff look weak. I just couldn't understand the logic here.

MVP vs Kane was decent however we had yet another poor finish. Surely it would have made sense for Kane to drag MVP into the ring or is the US title not important to him? Another poorly booked ending to a match.

I thought HBK vs Orton was a terrific match and I was in awe of Michael's performance despite his bad knees, so imagine my dismay when we had - yep you guessed it - ANOTHER POOR FINISH. The third in a row by my count. Why build this match up for so many weeks only to screw the audience out of a clean finish? No wonder the ratings are suffering.

Triple H vs Umaga was a good match. I must admit however that I found it tough to become engrossed in the contest as I didn't for one second believe Umaga was going to get a victory over Hunter. Sure enough he didn't but the fans seemed to enjoy it at least. Have you noticed that these days Triple H motions to the crowd to start bowing down before him (I'm sure he'll claim it's to live up to the 'Bow down to the King' gimmick *wink, wink*) but it's obvious that it's just an ego stroke to make everyone think he's a wrestling legend. "Hey, people bow down to me just like they do for Naitch and Hogan!"

The biggest injustice of the evening - Mickie James won the costume contest. Maria was ROBBED.

The main event was a fun match but the special referee aspect wasn't as significant as I had anticipated. I expected Khali and Henry to try and interfere and for Austin to fight them off but obviously this didn't happen and Austin's involvement seemed a bit pointless. I question the way Batista won the match too as I felt it would have been better to simply have him roll up Undertaker for the win and stretch out the feud, similar to the way Cena beat Umaga at New Year's Revolution earlier in the year. I don't think it's smart to have Batista beat Undertaker so decisively so soon after the dead man's return but then again I felt most of the booking decisions tonight were far from smart.

Overall I thought the PPV was OK but nothing more. I felt the way certain matches ended hurt the PPV and I was disappointed that Y2J didn't make an appearance. I at least expected Santino and Austin to have an interaction which I'm sure would have been the highlight of the show but alas this didn't go down either. To me this was a show that had so much potential but ended up being simply a run-of-the-mill PPV.

My rating: 2/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I told you the Miz was a crowd favourite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Re: Jericho

I F*CKING TOLD YOU SO! :D
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Re: Jericho

I F*CKING TOLD YOU SO! :D
    VR!

i thought you said that the Save_Us stuff wasn't him? They didn't reveal anything about them video!

if he redifines what he stated he wont be wrong when Y2J appers on Raw now will he.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    I told you the Miz was a crowd favourite

but why?

also leaves me curious as what will happen to Taker now as any momentum / title ambitions would seem to be killed off so soon after his return by such a definitive defeat.

Similarily Umaga surely needs to win a big match soon otherwise he will surely slide down the card.

I at least expected Santino and Austin to have an interaction which I'm sure would have been the highlight of the show but alas this didn't go down either.

Thought that there would be something between Santino and Austin aswell....Wasn't it just the other week that the 'Save Us' clip interupted Santino backstage and he went on about Austin....thought it was a sure sign that something would happen.

As for Y2J, never expected him to make an appearance. Rumours he could appear at the Raw or Smackdown before SS as he is doing book signings and has left those two dates open....Could it happen??

Thought that there would be something between Santino and Austin aswell....Wasn't it just the other week that the 'Save Us' clip interupted Santino backstage and he went on about Austin....thought it was a sure sign that something would happen.

I suggested the same in the austin thread the other day, as what is the point of Santino constantly refrencing SCSA and the Condemned (except to ship a few extra dvds) if they arent going to have some sort of interaction between the two of them.

I set the timer to record this and made a complete botch. Forgot to put the clock back and then the NTL box crapped out and didn't come back until Michaels/Orton. Did anyone else have this problem with NTL at all, or is the box dying on me?

VR!

amull87 wrote: »
    i thought you said that the Save_Us stuff wasn't him? They didn't reveal anything about them video!

If, and this is a big f*cking if, Jericho does return, they won't build it up. They did that in 99 and it blew the roof. They're not gonna be able to top that. Which is why i don't think those Save US.222 videos are him at all.

First the rumour was Cyber Sunday... that didn't happen, then later that week the rumour was No Mercy... we KNOW that didn't happen.

Rumours are rumours folks, not gospel. Haven't we learned yet? Stop getting yer hopes up. :)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ntl dropped for me from about 1.10am to 2am :(

missed micheals and orton, and kane v mvp.. :(

i'm in galway btw and my mate had the same problem from the same times

DRakE wrote: »
    ntl dropped for me from about 1.10am to 2am :(

missed micheals and orton, and kane v mvp.. :(

i'm in galway btw and my mate had the same problem from the same times

Thank you! I'm just happy to know i'm not the only one. Repeat is on tonight at 9 on SS3. Ironically enough my broadband routes through Galway, and it's NTL too. :)

VR!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Jeff vs Kennedy was a fun little match but I thought the finish was a joke. Jeff has been awesome of late and Kennedy has looked very poor and yet they decide that Kennedy should be the one to go over? Senseless booking. I wouldn't have minded the finish too much had it been a cleverly booked one but it just made Jeff look weak. I just couldn't understand the logic here.

Agree with you there all jeff did was miss one move and he was pinned easy, even a roll up using the ropes or something would of been slightly better. They have been building Jeff up alot since he came back from the suspension and he losses like that:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Highlights for me were JR going nuts and showing his dislike of the Diva costume contest, pretty funny stuff. Also the botch at the end of the stretcher match, with the cable getting tangled in the wheels of the stretcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

The finishes in the MVP vs Kane and HBK vs Orton matches let down what would have been a semi decent PPV, and they did them one after the other leaves a fan feeling let down

To be fair, it's Cyber Sunday. The weakest PPV of the year since Backlash!
    VR!

The premise of it is good though, unfortunately it was let down

Who in the blue hell voted for Miz anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

For the record, I fully expect Jericho to be on Raw tonight!

The PPV was never going to set the world on fire and so it was ok for what it was. I was pissed off at the end of the HBK Orton match but they really couldn't have done it any differently. Orton was never going to go over HBK clean in their first match, I expect their feud to last a while, and HBK was never going to win the title so DQ finish it was.

I enjoyed Rey vs Finlay. Rey hit some nice spots and they did well to improvise the finish after the little cable faux pas. On a side note, 619 in Heroes!

It was a shame Hardy couldn't fight. That injury looked nasty (assuming it wasn't a load of make-up). I snoozed during MVP vs Kane :)

Punk vs the Miz was poor. The fact that the Miz won the vote does make me think it was fixed to an extent. They already have done Punk vs Viscera and Morrison and the Miz is the only heel on ECW Punk hadn't fought so it made sense for the Miz to win. Conveniently enough. I hope Punk gets moved to Raw or SD soon (along with a heel turn!!), the man is stagnant on ECW.

The street fight was decent but I would have preferred a cage match.
    The main event was ok too but I am surprised Batista went over clean. I can only assume they are lining up Edge vs Taker soon as Takers revenge for Edge cashing in the MitB. Batista vs Henry anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Miz is really very popular Double C. He's the total package. Charismatic, technichally skilled, great hair and he get's good heel heat. If he hadn't come out of tough enough he's be ECW champ right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

Miz just can't be a heel with them girls ith him cause everyone wants to see them!

I don't minds the Miz, he is quite entertaining. Great hair though :confused: I think not!

Hardy had a legit injury but it was played up with makeup

Source - PWInsider

Matt Hardy's face was made up to look a lot worse than it really is at last night's Cyber Sunday pay-per-view. Fans reported seeing Hardy at other appearances this weekend and noted he had some bruising under one eye and a scar, but nothing like what was shown on television last night. However, his 16 stitches were very real, and that was the reason he was pulled from the event.

Triple H vs Umaga was a good match. I must admit however that I found it tough to become engrossed in the contest as I didn't for one second believe Umaga was going to get a victory over Hunter. Sure enough he didn't but the fans seemed to enjoy it at least. Have you noticed that these days Triple H motions to the crowd to start bowing down before him (I'm sure he'll claim it's to live up to the 'Bow down to the King' gimmick *wink, wink*) but it's obvious that it's just an ego stroke to make everyone think he's a wrestling legend. "Hey, people bow down to me just like they do for Naitch and Hogan!"

Ever the cynic. Your HHH bashing is getting boring at this point. You really need to get over it, seriously! I believe you can get therapy for this sort of thing. :)

VR!

Ever the cynic. Your HHH bashing is getting boring at this point. You really need to get over it, seriously! I believe you can get therapy for this sort of thing. :)

VR!

This coming from the guy who perpetually bashed Undertaker the other night? At least my criticisms are valid and I give credit where it's due.

I'd tell you that therapy could help you get over your mind-boggling hypocrisy but alas I'm not that good of a liar. ;)

I guess that podcast isn't happening tonight either :mad: It will be fun hearing a 75 minute argument between you two!

• Advertisement

This coming from the guy who perpetually bashed Undertaker the other night? At least my criticisms are valid and I give credit where it's due.

I'd tell you that therapy could help you get over your mind-boggling hypocrisy but alas I'm not that good of a liar. ;)

I bashed the **** out of Undertaker and with just cause, he was a complete dick for doing what he did, and i wasn't the only one who thought that! I bash wrestlers when they give me reason to, when it comes to you and HHH, all you have to do is see him on your TV!

Call it hypocricy, it's the truth :)
    VR!

I bashed the **** out of Undertaker and with just cause, he was a complete dick for doing what he did, and i wasn't the only one who thought that! I bash wrestlers when they give me reason to, when it comes to you and HHH, all you have to do is see him on your TV!

Call it hypocricy, it's the truth :)
    VR!

No you admitted that you were bashing Undertaker to get a rise out of people. I bash Triple H when I feel he warrants it. Why is that a problem to you? Is he immune from criticism or something?

I notice you didn't find fault with what I said about Triple H but instead decided to start criticising ME personally. "You need therapy blah, blah, blah"

"Play the ball, not the man".

No you admitted that you were bashing Undertaker to get a rise out of people. I bash Triple H when I feel he warrants it. Why is that a problem to you? Is he immune from criticism or something?

Re-read the post. My original post bashed him for what he did. I then continued bashing to get a rise after i had made my original point. Bearing in mind that was on the same day, the house show incident was posted. Not nearly 2 months later ;)
    I notice you didn't find fault with what I said about Triple H but instead decided to start criticising ME personally. "You need therapy blah, blah, blah"

I actually did, but i wasn't getting into it. There's no legit reason why HHH should put over a fat, talentless Samoan who's contract will probably expire in two months. I'll stand by it.
    "Play the ball, not the man".
    I am playing it, quit dodging it.
    VR!

Whatever. You're obviously spoiling for an argument but I'm not taking the bait this time.

Regards.

Whatever. You're obviously spoiling for an argument but I'm not taking the bait this time.

Regards.

Actually, this would be the one time i'm not. I've watched seven hours of WWE in a damn row and am fit for the bed! :D

Keep tomorrow night free for ze podcast recording tho dude ;)
    VR!

• Advertisement

Keep tomorrow night free for ze podcast recording tho dude ;)
    VR!

It's looking like I'm going to be involved in a lot of Halloween festivities this week (aka drinking with costumes on) so it would be better to wait until November rolls round. Besides, you and me moaning is too scary even for this holiday. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Really enjoyed the Orton HBK match. Hope the ending is supposed to lead to a good fued!

Didn't get the ending of the main event though?

The crowd were really hot for HHH and at least he looked f*cked after the match! I can't stand Umaga anyway so was glad to see him bet.

Hope Y2J is coming back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

Did Batista Kick Out of the Last ride?

yeah although taker didnt go for the pin immediatley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

yeah although taker didnt go for the pin immediatley

BS

To be fair, Taker hasn't used that as his dominant finisher in almost four years. So it wouldn't really matter. If he didn't sell the tombstone, then there'd be cause for complain.

Although i doubt Undertaker would be able to stiff the **** out of Batista and get away with it if that was the case ;)

VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

To be fair, Taker hasn't used that as his dominant finisher in almost four years. So it wouldn't really matter. If he didn't sell the tombstone, then there'd be cause for complain.

Although i doubt Undertaker would be able to stiff the **** out of Batista and get away with it if that was the case ;)

VR!

but Booker T would it seems. so much for jr's recent comment that no one would mess with the Undertaker:D

I'm not understanding ya here man, sorry. :(
    Unless you're implying that Booker stuck it to Taker at one stage. Which wouldn't surprise me as they're both in the game around the same amount of time, and as much as i hate Taker, to a degree both guys deserve a certain amount of respect.

However when it comes to respect, it's a lot easier to lose it then it is to earn it.
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,003 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I'm not understanding ya here man, sorry. :(
    Unless you're implying that Booker stuck it to Taker at one stage. Which wouldn't surprise me as they're both in the game around the same amount of time, and as much as i hate Taker, to a degree both guys deserve a certain amount of respect.

However when it comes to respect, it's a lot easier to lose it then it is to earn it.
    VR!

sorry i was vague.
    I was refering to the fight between Booker T and Batista. In that Batista was widely perceived to have won that fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

sorry i was vague.
    I was refering to the fight between Booker T and Batista. In that Batista was widely perceived to have won that fight.

I could've sworn that it was Booker who came out on top? I think Booker ended up with a black eye or something, but I remember reading that that came from a sucker punch and it was Booker who "won"

Or was it Batista who had the black eye?...

EDIT: Here we go:
    Eye-witness details of the Batista/Booker T fight on the 15th May at the SummerSlam commercial shoot have come to light.

It is thought that the issue may have stemmed from the recent Australian tour, where Melina, a friend of Batista, was sentenced in the 'wrestler's court' for her attitude and behaviour towards others, in particular Booker's wife Sharmell. Booker also felt that Batista had an attitude problem, viewing himself as being better than the rest of the roster and on the same level as the likes of Triple H and Ric Flair. Considering the relatively short amount of time Batista has spent in the main event, and the relatively quick manner in which it happened, such aloofness has rubbed many people the wrong way.

Upon arriving at the shoot, Batista only went up to certain top guys, plus Fit Finlay, to shake their hands and is said to have pretty much ignored the rest. This is against locker room etiquette, particularly since Batista is meant to be the figurehead for the brand and yet has been absent with injuries for several weeks, which prompted Booker to say something and it then quickly escalated into an argument. Booker mentioned that Batista felt JBL was deliberately ruining their program when he first came to Smackdown (something Batista had confided to Eddie Guerrero) and brought up the notorious interview Batista gave to The Sun newspaper in the UK. Batista mentioned how Smackdown ratings had decreased without him around, which only served to further distance the locker room from him. Batista told Booker he could take him out anytime. Booker said they could go into an empty room right now, close the door and go for it.

Numerous people tried to talk them out of it, particularly Rey Mysterio, yet despite their ages and Batista's vulnerability due to his surgery, they still wanted to fight. They went into the empty room and, according to Booker, he was sucker-punched as he closed the door. After about 30 seconds, the door was opened and people saw Booker had pinned down Batista and was pounding away on him. They dragged him off but Batista was screaming to let it continue and they did. Again, Booker got the upper hand, despite Batista pulling on his braids. Finally, as it was pulled apart by Angle, JBL, Finlay and others, Batista landed a good punch that led to Booker's swollen eye.

Booker was furious, swearing revenge. Batista claimed Booker was a locker room cancer. Booker challenged anybody to say if they agreed with that but nobody did, which is said to have surprised Batista. Booker singled out Lashley, who said that Booker had always helped him out and given him good advice. The general consensus is that Booker is a laid-back guy that doesn't usually bother anybody or start trouble.

The two did do a personal appearance together later, posing for pictures for WWE.com, and, despite lingering bitterness, have agreed to try and put it behind them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement