Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Can't pop the bonnet on rental van.

Options
  • 29-10-2007 3:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭

Rented a Mercedes Vito for the week and while driving on the motorway the oil warning light comes on. I stopped at the nearest garage and tried to pop the bonnet, however after a couple of minutes looking everywhere I couldn't find the lever. Checked the instruction manual and where the bonnet lever should be, there isn't one. The only conclusion I can come to is the rental agency removed it so the engine compartment can't be accessed. Anybody ever come across this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Maybe the last renter broke it. Call the rental place ASAP and say that an oil warning light is on and you can't access the bonnet due to there being no bonnet release. I doubt they would seal the bonnet, how are people supposed to put water into the window washer? It would definately be a safety issue if you can't clean the windscreen. I wouldn't drive the van untill they get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's on the passenger side AFAIK

Advertisement