Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Pastafarians around?

Options
  • 29-10-2007 6:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

Flying_Spaghetti_Monster-tm.jpg

Anyone know - where is the nearest church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (peace be with him) in Northside Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

parmesan be on him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

I just at Pasta + Meatballs - does that mean I'm a heretic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Sapien

womoma wrote: »
    Flying_Spaghetti_Monster-tm.jpg

Anyone know - where is the nearest church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (peace be with him) in Northside Dublin?

I think it's safe to say that every reasonably smart et whimsical agnostic-slash-atheist is a Pastafarian. Otherwise Pastafarianism is in danger of missing its own point.

If the practices and catechism of Pastafarianism have become more sophisticated than might be immediately obvious, please do tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

I'm one of those guys who eats spaghetti with a fork and a spoon, so you could say so. The penne is mightier than the sword... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I have felt the noodly appendage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I just at Pasta + Meatballs - does that mean I'm a heretic?

no you just ate the mechanical_recovered_meat and flour_juice of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Now did you believe that was the actual mechanical_recovered_meat and flour_juice or just a representation of such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Everyone knows the flying spaghetti monster is a fake. The orbitting omnipotent teapot is the one true god.

Time for my daily worship ritual. The drinking of the tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

18AD wrote: »
    Everyone knows the flying spaghetti monster is a fake. The orbitting omnipotent teapot is the one true god.

How dare you insult my beliefs. I accept that you dont share them, but in my belief, denying the existence of the Spaghetti monster is a great sin.

I will pray that you may be saved, but if I was to meet someone in real life who denounced the Flying Spaghetti Monster (parmesan be upon him), he might do well to run and hide for eternity, as infidels are to be beheaded in the name of what is right and true.

Your deity is super crap compared to mine. I spit on the omnipotent teapot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

How dare you insult my beliefs. I accept that you dont share them, but in my belief, denying the existence of the Spaghetti monster is a great sin.

I will pray that you may be saved, but if I was to meet someone in real life who denounced the Flying Spaghetti Monster (parmesan be upon him), he might do well to run and hide for eternity, as infidels are to be beheaded in the name of what is right and true.

But doesnt the Flying Spaghetti Monster (parmesan be upon him) say that one must not spit on the deities of others? Heathen!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Hail Eris. All hail Discordia.

-><-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

18AD wrote: »

At least both the pastafarians and the FSM atheists have made their minds up, it's those who can't decide whether he exists or not that I have no time for.

Bloody Spagnostics.

Curse you! The invisible pink unicorn has been summoned to guide you to the holy teapot.
    May his horn pierce your mind's eye to reveal to you the mystery of the tea ritual.

Hail Eris!

*gets some tea*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

18AD - I don't want to start a religious war just here, but when you're pouring the holy tea out of the holy teapot so that you can stay alive when after you die, do you have to dip yourself into the tea, or can you get away with just a quick dribble over the head or some other easily-dried extremity?

And what age to you have to be? I know that some people -- definitely under the influence of the Great Evil Beer Can -- are doing babies and that's clearly got no scriptural support at all! I know of one fellah who's gone so far as to use DECAFFIENATED tea. What on earth next? Water?

Anyhow, I'd appreciate some good tea-ological advice if you have a moment.

robindch wrote: »
    18AD - I don't want to start a religious war just here, but when you're pouring the holy tea out of the holy teapot so that you can stay alive when after you die, do you have to dip yourself into the tea, or can you get away with just a quick dribble over the head or some other easily-dried extremity?

Whatever you think is sufficient to cleanse your soul. You may even just visualize the brilliant bright tea flow through you. What is important is that you acknowledge the holy teapot.
    robindch wrote: »
    And what age to you have to be? I know that some people -- definitely under the influence of the Great Evil Beer Can -- are doing babies and that's clearly got no scriptural support at all! I know of one fellah who's gone so far as to use DECAFFIENATED tea. What on earth next? Water?

I'm not sure about age. There hasn't been much research into the effect of these practices. The younger folks may be more susceptible to tea entering their body because of the more delicate skin. But again this may lead to tea-staining. And this would go against the great teachings. A tea-stained tea cup is a dirty tea cup.

To use water would completely go against the holy teapot doctrine. The teapot doctrine is a trinity. There is the tea which reveals itself through the water and the milk which is often omitted depending on personal preference. To use only water is to totally ignore the existence of the holy teapot.

With regard to decaffeinated tea. If someone has allergies this is acceptable, but fresh tea is best.

Best of luck.
    AD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Ramen Brothers and sisters.

Techinically myself and a mate are the high priests of pastafarnism in Ireland.

We emailed the guy about 2 years ago asking could we set up the Irish chapter of pastafarnism. The response was something like "Sure ... Whatever".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

The orbitting omnipotent teapot is the one true god.

All hail the omnipotent Teapot. For he/she (lets be politically correct here) is the one true God.

In the name of Punjana, PG Tips, and Barrys Gold Label. Earlgrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Bah! Your heathen tea-baggery is an affront to his noodly appendage!!!!

In the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (parmesan be upon him) you will all be cleansed in a sea of Maranara suace and then boiled until al dente!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

It's hard to tell, from some of those ancient pictures, whether He really is a Flying Spaghetti Monster. There was a heretical sect who claimed He was instantiated as Linguine. (Don't know what happened to them - probably went the same way as the Cous Cous Clan.) There was even one Tagliatelle cult, but they can be ignored, I trust.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

18AD wrote:
    The teapot doctrine is a trinity.
    Aye, a lot of people forget that the teapot god comes in three easy-to-assemble bits. You've got god-the-hot-water, god-the-tealeaves, god-the-teapot and god-the-lid. A lot of heretics and heathen think that this is actually four bits, but it's not. It's a divine mystery and really just another great example of how truly great is his greatness. Coz he's able to be three and four bits at the same time!

Betcha the flying spaghetti monster <spit, spit> can't do that!

Spread the word -- http://russellsteapot.com/!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

It's a pity that the point of the FSM rhetoric device is frequently missed by religious people because God is obviously real and the FSM obviously isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Yeah, its a shame the point is missed.

At the same time though, its hilarious reading notes from Christians asking things like, "how can you believe in something so ridiculous?"!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Isn't that the appeal of it? I'd say the hate mail section is one of the most popular sections on their site. Its almost as painful as this guy:
    http://maddox.xmission.com/

It's kind of interesting that atheism is adopting a sort of pantheon of gods of it's own.
    With it's own symbolism too.

http://www.helsinki.fi/~ssyreeni/atheist/no-ghost-c-06.en.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parody_religion

Although clearly fake gods and parodies, they are no less legitimate than any others. Worshiped through humour and reason.

jk :p

All the best.
    AD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

According to Terry Pratchett all gods exist in potentia until someone believes in them, at this rate the Spaghetti and the Teapot will be bigger than god very soon! I prefer to believe in the Shining Giraffe of spontaneous predictability, all hail the chaotic erratic Giraffe!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

This whole thread has crossed the line from funny to plain nerdy

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

TheThing! wrote: »
    This whole thread has crossed the line from funny to plain nerdy
    Blessed are the Nerds, for they inherit the Internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Yeah, its a shame the point is missed.

At the same time though, its hilarious reading notes from Christians asking things like, "how can you believe in something so ridiculous?"!

I'm having a similar discussion on the Christian forum with relation to the Catholic belief that the wine and bread being turned into the literal body of Christ at mass.

Seemingly some non-Catholic Christians think that whole idea is utterly ridiculous, to which of course I agree. The irony, though, of such a position given the supernatural things they do believe in seems completely lost.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

DerKaiser wrote: »
    According to Terry Pratchett all gods exist in potentia until someone believes in them, at this rate the Spaghetti and the Teapot will be bigger than god very soon! I prefer to believe in the Shining Giraffe of spontaneous predictability, all hail the chaotic erratic Giraffe!!

Thats kinda like in Black and White. God Sims are fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Just checked that wikipedia link, .7% of the UK population put down their religion as Jedi in 2001, I suppose it's as legitimate as christianity and so much cooler, maybe if the catholic church gave out lightsabers instead of communion it would have more supporters :D

• Advertisement

I think many would be seduced to the dark side. So not much would change really... :D

All the best.
    AD.

Advertisement