Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Handsfree Bluetooth

Options
  • 29-10-2007 6:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I'm having a little problem with my Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth unit in my car, i got a new phone(Sony z610i) and it won't pair with my Parrot. My last phone was a Sony k750i and that worked perfectly, anyone know any reason why this won't work?

Thanks

ps i know this should probably be in Mobiles/PDAs but i'm banned from there, dunno why, probably something stupid as usual :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It could possibly be the Bluetooth version.

As far as I know it can be V1.1 V1.2 or V2.00

For example, I had a Bluetooth headset Rev: v1.1 & no way would it pair with my Moto V3x & that was because my V3x only supports V1.2. I had to get a V1.2 headset & all was fine.

Check the Bluetooth revision on both units & see if they're compatible.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

With some bluetooth devices it can only pair with one phone at a time so it may need to be reset to see the sony. this usually entails holding 2 buttons down for a certain period of time. this should be explained in the parrot's documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

greglo23 wrote: »
    With some bluetooth devices it can only pair with one phone at a time so it may need to be reset to see the sony. this usually entails holding 2 buttons down for a certain period of time. this should be explained in the parrot's documentation.

The one i have has a few phones paired with it, so i'm not sure if thats the problem. Now all i need to do is remember where i put the parrot instructions :o

It could possibly be the Bluetooth version.

As far as I know it can be V1.1 V1.2 or V2.00

For example, I had a Bluetooth headset Rev: v1.1 & no way would it pair with my Moto V3x & that was because my V3x only supports V1.2. I had to get a V1.2 headset & all was fine.

Check the Bluetooth revision on both units & see if they're compatible.

-

Interesting, i better check this out.

This is what happens when i try to pair the phone:

Look for "other bluetooth devices" on my phone

It finds the parrot

I select it and it says "connecting" or something along those lines

2-3 seconds before the "Enter pincode" screen appears on my phone, it says "pairing failed" on the parrot

The "Enter pincode" screen appears, i enter pincode and it says the pincode did not match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The situation described in my earlier post was something similar to yours.

The V3x would find the v1.1 headset & ask for the pin to be entered too but then it would fail to pair.

The guy in the store told me it had nothing to do with the bluetooth revision so he tried to sell me a V2.00 headset, I asked him to pair it in the store but it not only failed to pair the V3x phone could not even find that one.

He eventually relented & gave me a headset with the same bluetooth Rev as my phone (V1.2) & it found the headset & paired straight away.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kidderminister

I have a Parrott bluetooth car kit in my car model 3100,got two new phones,Vodafones, I connected my wife's no prob. when tryed to pair my own,it just said on my phone,"pairing rejected by Parrott" anyone able to advise me,would appreciate the help.Thanks Petyer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I have a Parrott bluetooth car kit in my car model 3100,got two new phones,Vodafones, I connected my wife's no prob. when tryed to pair my own,it just said on my phone,"pairing rejected by Parrott" anyone able to advise me,would appreciate the help.Thanks Petyer
    Check how many phones it recognises
    There's a limit can't remember maybe 4
    I had to delete a few older ones to add newer phones

Advertisement