Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Leixlip NTL 6 Meg Customer .Service Halted After 36 Hours!!!!!

Options
  • 29-10-2007 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

I cant believe this!I changed from Eircom 3 Meg to NTL 6 Meg as I was tired of getting kicked from game servers with packet loss.As of 1130pm last night (Sunday)I have NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER from NTL........Had to reconnect Eircom router to type this .......Apparently NTL are brand new to broadband in Leixlip .Is this type of service typical of them?Needless to say they cant be contacted by phone as its a bank holiday .
    Any info appreciated,Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ytareh wrote: »
    I cant believe this!I changed from Eircom 3 Meg to NTL 6 Meg as I was tired of getting kicked from game servers with packet loss.As of 1130pm last night (Sunday)I have NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER from NTL........Had to reconnect Eircom router to type this .......Apparently NTL are brand new to broadband in Leixlip .Is this type of service typical of them?Needless to say they cant be contacted by phone as its a bank holiday .
    Any info appreciated,Thanks.

I think is the same problem for every customer, since 11:30 last night having the same problem as you, I'm based in Old Bawn in Tallgaht.

The NTL modem gives me address 192.168.100.10 that's wrong so might be DHCP server is down.

Make sure you call them the more calls the sooner they get it fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Well I think the 'customer support' line may have said they dont work bank holidays....Dont worry I will be calling !What a bad start to my NTL relationship......!Shame as apart from NOT HAVING ANT INTERNET I was very happy with the service but 12 hours down in my first 36 hours just aint gonna cut it....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Same in Waterford. My connection died and came back about 15 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

HI

Yes same here, restarted the modem and came back.

Great!NTL dont answer phones until 10am on Sundays......Today is bank holiday Monday....oh wait the sales line is open!Surprise!Sales guy says technicians ARE working and transfers me.....needless to say I dont get to talk to a technician-call dropped after 60 secs....Second attempt-get sent to another 'black hole'......Man what bad service NTL are providing me....!

• Advertisement

Now service has resumed although I never got to speak to a technician and was given the run around twice by sales...OH MY GOD SPEED IS NOW SUB DIAL UP ON 6 MEG CONNECTION!!!

Advertisement