Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet outages??

Options
  • 29-10-2007 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey guys

last night - couldn't get on the internet with NTL, Irish broadband or my vodafone 3G connection

anyone know anything about this? NTL is still not working but IBB is...

any info won't really help but it would be nice to know :)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm having the same issue with NTL. I'm in Dublin 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

No NTL service in greater Dublin area from 1130pm to 910am this (Bank Holiday Monday)morning
    No Customer Support whatsoever
    NTL now running at sub dial up speeds....
    All this in first 36 hours of my NTL broadband
    The third sales man (oh yeah sales line is open....) I spoke to said no technical support available till 9am tommorow ,Tuesday.
    NTL service VERY unimpressive so far-shame as actual connection was great for first 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

i had no eircom broadband connection in limerick from bang on midnight until around 3am when i went to bed, at the same time i couldnt use the web on my 3g phone! , i thought the internet had crashed or something. :D - Webcrash 07

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 smithdogg AU

yeah mate! i only just got NTL installed on friday - i thought surely now i have a reliable connection.. WTF??

also there was no warning/advice of this outage? and last night you couldn't even call NTL's number... what a crock.

It doesn't really explain why IBB and my vodafone 3G also weren't working though.. if it is some all-ireland thing i would have thought there would be some news about it..

at first i thought it might have been something to do with the daylight savings time switch etc but you would think that would have been saturday night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pavelpro

NTL in Dublin 11 (Finglas Road) dead as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

hi lads,
    my digiweb metro went down last night also.tech line was down to.
    strange stuff

its a conspiracy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

its a conspiracy!!

WHAT!....In Ireland no never, not with our superb broadband suppliers :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

my ntl was down also but it is now back up , Dublin 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

My NTL went down after the power cut/outages last night. I was hoping they would get it going again because of the bankholiday. Thats all We would need! Atleast its going again.

I rang around last night there seemed to be quite a large amount of dublin without Eircom, clearwire and NTL after the power outages.

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

My NTL BBwas down this morning. Back at about 10 this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Mine went off too last night 2nd time in 3 years terrible service :D. It looks like the wrong config file was loaded into my modem I notice that this morning. I reset it and it was back working fine. My vodafone 3G was grand last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

My DSL was out at around 1am last night, I woke up with my finger on f5, and a face full of keyboard :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,603 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i think ntl was down all over last nite! Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

They were changing some software last week and that knocked off a few nodes but that was sorted on the same day. Possible something to do with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Damomanye wrote: »
    i had no eircom broadband connection in limerick from bang on midnight until around 3am when i went to bed, at the same time i couldnt use the web on my 3g phone! , i thought the internet had crashed or something. :D - Webcrash 07

Same here! Strange!

Still seems a bit flakey, but working.
    zabbo wrote: »
    My DSL was out at around 1am last night, I woke up with my finger on f5, and a face full of keyboard :)

Ha! Drool is good for keyboards right? :D

can't get through to NTL tech support - first time i tried the guy said they weren't even open today... (after 10am)

now they have a pre-recorded message saying something about a 'minor technical problem' last night....

so were there power outages last night? is that why there were internet problems everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

phew, thought it was only I, ... I'm glad other people are suffering alongside with me, haha.

It's back now, don't forget to power cycle your modems.

...P.S. sum bich, it's moments like this that make me realize just how much I love my internets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Had issues with NTL on Saturday and Sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

CyberGhost wrote: »
    phew, thought it was only I, ... I'm glad other people are suffering alongside with me, haha.

It's back now, don't forget to power cycle your modems.

...P.S. sum bich, it's moments like this that make me realize just how much I love my internets.

Same, I actually began to think about life without technology:D

(also, what's power cycling?)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Plug out, wait, plug in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah NTL went off last night here in Lucan at around 10.30, checked at 1am and it was still down, so powered off everything and when I checked this morning it was back, seems to be a country as Chorus BB went down in Clonmel last night and is still down.
    What caused the power outages I wonder? Wasn't to windy last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

My internet went down last night I figured it was just my router though and not NTL , I'm in waterford by the way and it is working ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'm having email problems...

various different ISPs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Seocnd time NTL have been down this week.

Like I mentioned on another forum, you can claim for NTL's down time, but you must ring Accounts, and it has to be weighed up against the length of time you wait on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

There were issues in Dublin last night which broke the internets for an hour or two. It affected sites that a bunch of ISPs have equipment located at, so a fair few would have been impacted in different ways.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah NTL went off last night here in Lucan at around 10.30, checked at 1am and it was still down, so powered off everything and when I checked this morning it was back, seems to be a country as Chorus BB went down in Clonmel last night and is still down.
    What caused the power outages I wonder? Wasn't to windy last night?
    http://192.168.100.1
    event log
    It came back on around Mon Oct 29 09:04:57 2007 before that no DHCP renewals.

will accounts only credit you for the downtime in which case there is no point calling or would you get more compensation ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I was seeing
    strange DNS related issues on email today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

so the whole internet crashed because some fella was running too many applications? thats a bit strange! i was on xbox live all of saturday and sunday night and didnt lose a connection once, and my family were browsing the net at the same time

Advertisement