Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet outages??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm driven demented by NTL.

Our area has had two breaks of services lasting 1 week this year, both times they have denied it's an area fault when told, and taken a week before sending anyone to look at it.

Sent a letter 2 months ago, no response.

Naturally I experienced the same break of service that everyone seemed to on Sunday/Monday.

This is what I love about NTL.....

I call their customer service yesterday at 5:53pm, to be greeted by the auto msg 'Our opening hours are 9am - 6pm, please call back between those times.'

Fúcking infuriating. And not the first time, seems to be standard practice with them,.

I think the employees must have the run of the place, and NTL/CHORUS USPC Company whateverthefúck they call themselves just seem more interested in making changes to the company name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 footfall

Im down for near 2 week with NTL........my post...NTL IN Lucan below. :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055169642

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

watty wrote: »
    I was seeing
    strange DNS related issues on email today.

i think DNS is what the problem is

around 11 on Sunday night my router lost connection but still had sync
    took about 2 hours before I got an IP address

since then I've had to refresh a few times to get a page to load (3 different browsers, PC & Mac)
    Mailwasher & Outlook errors indicate DNS lookups are the problem

just setup OpenDNS servers on the router & pages loading first time, everytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

My IBB is still down today. i've had it plugged in and on for a few days I was just waiting for my new network card to come. how long should i leave it turned off for? i tried turning it off for about 1-2 minutes and turning it on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

i think DNS is what the problem is

around 11 on Sunday night my router lost connection but still had sync
    took about 2 hours before I got an IP address

since then I've had to refresh a few times to get a page to load (3 different browsers, PC & Mac)
    Mailwasher & Outlook errors indicate DNS lookups are the problem

just setup OpenDNS servers on the router & pages loading first time, everytime
    hehe, that's exactly what I did (Digiweb). I was still connected to several IRC networks, but nothing else was working so I got someone there to tell me the OpenDNS IP's, and once it was set up everything was perfect from then on in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement